Press and hold Ctrl to select faces, edges, and vertices on composite solids. If the History property of the composite solid is set to Record (On), the first “pick” might select the history subobject.
How do I select a face in AutoCAD?
If you need to select only a face on a 3D object, press and hold the Ctrl key and select the face you want to select. This method can be faster than turning subobject filters on and off.
How do I change the appearance of AutoCAD 3D?
To Change the Color of a Face on a 3D Solid
- Press and hold Ctrl as you click a face on a 3D solid.
- If the Properties palette is not displayed, select any object. Right-click the object and select Properties.
- In the Properties palette, under General, click the Color arrow and select a color from the list.
How do you select vertices in AutoCAD?
Press and hold Ctrl+Shift. Click a selected face, edge, or vertex. The grip, if displayed, changes from red to blue. Note: If a subobject selection filter is active, you do not need to press Ctrl before clicking a face, edge, or vertex.
How do you fill a 3D object in AutoCAD?
To Hatch or Fill Objects or Areas
- Click Home tab Draw panel Hatch. …
- On the Properties panel Hatch Type list, select the type of hatch you want to use.
- On the Pattern panel, click a hatch pattern or fill.
- On the Boundaries panel, specify the how the pattern boundary is selected: …
- Click an area or object to be hatched.
How do I change the background color in AutoCAD 3D?
To Change the Background and Other Color Settings
- Click Application button > Options.
- In the Options dialog box, Display tab, click Colors.
- In the Drawing Window Colors dialog box, select the context and the interface element that you want to change.
- On the Color list, select the color that you want to use.
How do you make a 3D face into a surface?
Creating Surface from 3D Faces in Autodesk Civil 3D
- Run the LINEWORKSHRINKWRAP command and select all 3D Faces from which the surface needs to be created. …
- From Home ribbon, Create Ground Data click on Surfaces > Create Surface.
- In Create Surface dialog name the surface, select Style, rendering material and click OK.
How do you mesh in CAD?
You can create mesh objects using the following methods:
- Create mesh primitives. Create standard shapes, such as a box, cone, cylinder, pyramid, sphere, wedge, and torus (MESH).
- Create mesh from other objects. …
- Convert from other object types. …
- Create custom meshes (legacy).
How do you make a solid line in AutoCAD?
Your best bet and easiest way to make the object into a 3D solid at this point is to:
- Use the “Join” command to join sections of lines together into closed polylines,
- Use the”Extrude” command on all closed polylines, extruding them further than the extents of the shape you want.
How do I change a region to a solid in AutoCAD?
To Convert One or More Surfaces to Solids
- Click Home tab Solid Editing panel Thicken. Find.
- Select the surfaces you want to thicken. Press Enter.
- Specify a thickness for the solid. Press Enter.
How do I change a region to surface in AutoCAD?
To Convert Objects to Procedural Surfaces
- Click Modeling tab > Surface panel > Convert to Surface.
- Select the objects you want to convert and press Enter. You can convert 2D solids, meshes, regions, planar 3D faces, and polylines, lines, and arcs with thickness.