Layout viewports are objects that display views of model space. You create, scale, and place them in paper space on a layout. On each layout, you can create one or more layout viewports. Each layout viewport is like a closed circuit TV monitor of a view of the model at a scale and orientation that you specify.
How do you use a viewport in Autocad?
To Create a New Layout Viewport
- If necessary, click a layout tab.
- Set the current layer to a layer that’s reserved for layout viewports (recommended). …
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Insert View.
- Do one of the following: …
- Right click to display a list of scales and click one of them.
Where is the viewport in Autocad?
Go to the layout tab that contains the problem viewport. From the Properties palette, select the Quick Select button on the top right. On the Quick Select dialog box, set the Object type to Viewport and click OK.
What is viewport scale in Autocad?
When you work in a layout, the scale factor of a view in a layout viewport represents a ratio between the actual size of the model displayed in the viewport and the size of the layout. The ratio is determined by dividing the paper space units by the model space units.
How do I change the viewport in Autocad?
Redefine a layout viewport boundary
- Click a layout tab.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Clip. …
- Select either an existing object to designate as the new viewport boundary, or specify the points of a new boundary. …
- Click OK.
What is the importance of viewport in AutoCAD?
Viewports allow you to create different views of the objects in your model space and display them on the printed page from different angles and at different scales.
How do you use a viewport?
Use the viewport meta tag to improve the presentation of your web content. Typically, you use the viewport meta tag to set the width and initial scale of the viewport. For example, if your webpage is narrower than 980 pixels, then you should set the width of the viewport to fit your web content.
Why can’t I see my viewport in Autocad?
To restore the missing viewport, do the following: In the Layer Properties Manager, make sure the layer that contains the viewport geometry is not turned off or frozen. Go to the layout tab that contains the problem viewport. … On the Quick Select dialog box, set the Object type to Viewport and click OK.
How do you unlock a viewport?
Follow these steps to set up the viewport:
- Verify that you’re in paper space. (Check the UCS icon or move the crosshairs.)
- Select the boundary of the viewport whose arrangement you want to protect. …
- Click the Lock/Unlock Viewport button to lock the viewport scale.
How do you show viewport in Paperspace?
Creating viewports in a layout
- Click the Paper Space Views tool button ( ) on the Views toolbar.
- Choose Paper Space Views in the Views menu.
- Type mview at the command prompt, then press Enter.
What is the viewport scale?
When you work in a layout, the scale factor of a view in a layout viewport represents a ratio between the actual size of the model displayed in the viewport and the size of the layout. … For example, for a quarter-scale drawing, the ratio would be a scale factor of one paper space unit to four model space units, or 1:4.
How do you make a viewport?
To Create a New Layout Viewport
- Click View > Viewports > New Viewports….
- In the Viewports dialog box, enter the new name for the viewport.
- Select the viewports from the Standard Viewports list.
- Click OK to create the new Viewport.
How do I change the size of my viewport?
Using the Properties palette . . .
- Select the layout viewport that you want to modify.
- Right-click, and then choose Properties.
- If necessary, click Display Locked and choose No.
- In the Properties palette, select Standard Scale, and then select a new scale from the list. The scale you choose is applied to the viewport.
How do I change the viewport shape?
You can also select the viewport, right click, select ‘Viewport Clip’ (runs VPclip), then choose Polygonal and draw in the new shape of the viewport.
How do I stretch a viewport in AutoCAD?
How do I stretch a viewport in Autocad?
- Click the frame of the main viewport once to select it.
- Drag the blue squares to resize the viewport.
- Click again to set the new size. …
- To move an adjacent arrows after you resize the viewport, click the arrow once to select it.
How do you move a viewport?
To Move a Scale Area or a Viewport (AutoCAD Mechanical)
- Double-click the viewport or scale area border (1).
- In model space the Scale Area dialog box appears, in layout the View dialog box appears: Under border, click Move<. Choose OK.
- Select the target position for the viewport (2).
- Choose OK.