There are some situations where the Scope Box property of a view is greyed out – so you cannot assign a Scope Box to the view. The answer may be to do with the Crop Boundary – and it may not be obvious, especially if the crop boundary is hidden.
Why is scope box grayed out in Revit?
The reason for this weird behaviour is simple: it turned out that Scope Box parameter becomes read-only if you modify the Crop Cregion sketch. Since the Revit Scope Box is a cube, it can’t be applied to those views that have non-rectangular Crop Region!
How do you turn on Scope box in Revit?
Set the Views Visible Property for a Scope Box
- Open a view in which you can see the scope box.
- Select the scope box.
- On the Properties palette, for the Views Visible property, click Edit. …
- Locate the appropriate view row (for example, South Elevation), and find its value in the Override column. …
- Click OK.
Why can’t I select a scope box in Revit?
Hey, Looks like your scope box is pinned and you’re unable to select it. Bottom of your Revit screen select the pin icon so there is no longer a red x and your problem will be fixed. If that icon has an X through it then any element you’ve pinned you will not be able to select.
How do you hide a scope box in Revit?
In the drawing area, select the scope box you want to hide, and do either of the following:
- Click Modify | Scope Boxes tab View panel Hide in View drop-down (Hide Elements).
- Right-click a scope box, and click Hide in view Elements.
Which elements can a scope box can control?
Scope boxes are used to control the extents of elements like grids, levels and reference planes. Each of these elements can be assigned to a specific scope box, limiting the 3D extents to the dashed green line limit.
What is Section box in Revit?
In Revit®, the ‘Section Box’ command is used to clip the viewable portion of a 3D view. You can activate it simply by checking the Section Box entry in Properties – Extents. After enabling the section box, you can modify its extents using ‘drag’ controls in the 3D view.
How do you crop a 3D view in Revit?
Crop a View
- If the view is not cropped, On the View Control Bar, click (Crop View).
- If the view is cropped, but the crop region is not visible, click (Show Crop Region) on the View Control Bar.
- Resize the crop region as necessary by using the drag control or setting the size explicitly.
How do you rotate view in Revit?