How do I create a subassembly in AutoCAD?
Add a lane subassembly
If the Tool Palette containing the subassemblies is not visible, click Home tab >> Palettes panel >> Tool Palettes . In the tool palette, right-click the Tool Palettes control bar. Click Civil Metric Subassemblies. Click the Lanes tab.
What is a subassembly Civil 3D?
Autodesk Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D provides an interface for composing and modifying complex subassemblies, without the need for programming. … The subassembly in composer is saved as a pkt file, whenever the file is opened in AutoCAD Civil 3D, the pkt is automatically converted to its latest version.
How do you create a corridor in Civil 3D 2020?
To create a corridor surface for each link
- In the drawing, click the corridor.
- Click Corridor tab Modify Corridor panel Corridor Surfaces Find.
- In Corridor Surfaces dialog box, click the Surfaces tab.
- Optionally, click to open the Name Template dialog box. …
- Click to create a corridor surface from each link code.
What is subassembly in AutoCAD?
A subassembly is an AutoCAD Civil 3D drawing object (AECCSubassembly) that defines the geometry of a component used in a corridor section. … Through tool palette and tool catalogs, AutoCAD Civil 3D provides preconfigured subassemblies for components such as travel lanes, curbs, side slopes and ditches.
How do I add a subassembly to an assembly?
To insert a new subassembly: Do one of the following: In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click either the top-level assembly icon or the icon for an existing subassembly, and select Insert New Subassembly. Click New Assembly (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Assembly.
How do you create a road section in Civil 3D?
To create multiple quick cross sections along a baseline
- In the Toolspace, on the Toolbox tab, expand Miscellaneous Utilities Surfaces. …
- When prompted for an option, enter Multiple.
- In the drawing, pick points to draw a baseline.
- Press Enter to finish drawing.
- Enter a sampling interval.
- Enter a left swath width.
How do I import a PKT file into Civil 3D?
This is how we do that:
- Use the Import Subassemblies feature on the Insert Tab:
- In the Import Subassemblies dialog, browse to the storage location of the PKT files: C:ProgramDataAutodeskC3D 2019enuSubassembliesImperial or Metric and select all of the PKT files that you want on the Tool Palette.
How do you get cut and fill volume in Civil 3d?
- In command line type “COMPUTEMATERIALS”.
- Select the alignment and sample line group to sample, then click “OK”.
- Change “Quantity takeoff criteria” to “Cut and Fill” or other desired criteria.
- Map the sampled surfaces to the correct object names, then click “OK”.
How do I add assembly to alignment in Civil 3d?
To automatically add assemblies at offset geometry points using command settings
- In Toolspace, click the Settings tab.
- Expand Corridor Commands.
- Right-click CreateCorridor, and click Edit Command Settings. …
- Set the Value field for the Offset Target Geometry Points to Yes to enable this option.
- Click Apply or OK.
How do you copy a subassembly?
You can insert a component by creating a copy of it and placing it in the assembly.
- In an open assembly, click . …
- Click Subassembly, and then Standard.
- Accept the default file name or enter a new file name, and click OK. …
- Click Copy from existing.
- Click Browse, select the name of a component to copy, and click Open.
What is Autodesk subassembly composer?
Autodesk® Subassembly Composer for Autodesk® Civil 3D® provides an interface for composing and modifying complex subassemblies, without a need for programming. Subassembly developers can compose complex subassemblies visually and can simulate how the subassembly behaves with different target values and conditions.