How do you explode a 3D view in Revit?
It’s a simple task to create exploded views with Revit.
The process involves four simple steps:
- Create a 3D view, optionally a perspective.
- Select the elements to ‘displace’
- Select the ‘Displace Elements’ tool and move the elements in either the X,Y or Z axis.
- Add paths and any annotation required.
How do you show Axonometrics in Revit?
Creating an AXONOMETRIC VIEW-REVIT
- Copying the default 3D view and renaming it to Axonometric view.
- Create a new Section of the building: Rename to Axo-section.
- Go to the New 3D view. …
- Select from View pulldown menu the “Orient” tool then “Orient to View”
- This is where you select the Section created “Axo-section”
Can you explode a family in Revit?
You can explode imported DWG 3D solid (not polymesh) geometry in the Family Editor environment. Select the import symbol. Click Modify | Imports in Families tab Import Instance panel Explode drop-down (Partial Explode) or (Full Explode). The 3D solids are now preserved as free form elements.
How do you make an exploded diagram?
To create an exploded view:
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .
How do I export Axo to Revit?
Steps for the export:
- Place a 3D view on a Sheet.
- Choose File, Export, CAD formats, DWG.
- Choose file location, name and . dwg version.
- Open . dwg file with a 2D lines of a perspective / axonometry 3D view.
How do you make a 3D Axon view in Revit?
Create a Perspective 3D View
- Open a plan, section, or elevation view.
- Click View tab Create panel 3D View drop-down Camera. …
- Click in the drawing area to place the camera.
- Drag the cursor to the desired target and click to place it.
What is explode in Revit?
A partial explode of an import symbol yields more import symbols, which, in turn, can be exploded into either elements or other import symbols. This is analogous to exploding in AutoCAD with nested xrefs and blocks. … You can also explode the import symbol immediately into Revit text, curves, lines, and filled regions.
What is an import symbol in Revit?
When you import a drawing into Revit LT, you are importing all the elements, such as blocks and external references (xrefs) from the drawing. They are all contained inside an element called an import symbol. You can explode (disassemble) the import symbol into its next highest level elements: nested import symbols.
How do you ungroup families in Revit?
- In the drawing area, select a group.
- Click Modify | Model Groups tab Ungroup.