How do you join masses in Revit?
Join Mass Instances in a Project
- Click Modify tab Geometry panel Join drop-down (Join Geometry).
- Select the first mass instance, and then the second.
How do you join walls in Revit?
Join Parallel Walls
- In a plan view, place the walls less than 6 inches apart.
- Click Modify tab Geometry panel Join drop-down Join Geometry.
- Select the walls to join. If either wall has an insert (such as a window), it cuts through the joined wall.
How do you create a mass family in Revit?
When you create a mass family in the Family Editor, you can then load the family into a project, and place instances of the mass family in the project. Click File tab New Conceptual Mass. In the New Conceptual Mass dialog, select Mass.
How do you void in Revit?
Create negative geometry (voids) to cut solid geometry with the Create Void tool.
- On the Create tab Draw panel, select one of the drawing tools.
- Click in the drawing area, and draw a closed loop that intersects solid geometry.
- Select the closed loop.
- Click Modify | Lines tab Form panel Create Form drop-down (Void Form).
What is wrapping in Revit?
To wrap the layers at the ends, select the wall and click Edit Type on the Properties palette. The wrapping at the ends can be set to wrap material from the exterior to the interior, or from the interior to the exterior. … In this wall, only the brick should wrap. Edit the structure of the wall.
Where is linework tool in Revit?
Click Modify tab View panel (Linework).
How do you cut Geometry in Revit?
Click Modify tab Geometry panel Cut drop-down (Cut Geometry). Select the object to be cut. Select the instance with which to cut.
How do I change the order of joins in Revit?
Open a view that displays the elements to be joined. Click Modify tab > Geometry panel > Join drop-down > Switch Join Order. If you want to switch the join order of multiple elements with a common element, select Multiple Switch on the Options Bar.