What 3D files can Revit import?
Revit supports the import of ACIS objects contained in DWG, DXF, DGN, and SAT files. You can incorporate a Trimble® SketchUp® design into a Revit project to provide a starting point for the building model. You can import 3D geometry from supported file formats and applications.
Can you import a DXF file into Revit?
Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD). In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type. Navigate to the folder that contains the file to import, and select the file. Tip: Make sure you import the geometric data needed for the Revit capability that you plan to use.
Can Revit import STEP files?
Import STP file in AutoCAD and save as DWG. Link the DWG in Revit. When you get the updated STP, just re-import to the same DWG and the link in Revit will be updated.
Can I import CAD file to Revit?
You can import data from other CAD programs into a Revit model. Supported CAD formats include AutoCAD (DWG and DXF), MicroStation® (DGN), Trimble® SketchUp® (SKP and DWG), SAT, and 3DM (Rhinoceros®). When you import a file, the format of the imported file may support varying qualities of geometry.
Can Revit open a DWFx file?
DWF and DWFx files contain the same data (2D and 3D); the only difference is the file format. DWFx files can be opened and printed using the free Microsoft XPS Viewer, which comes pre-installed on computers using the Microsoft Windows Vista™ operating system. … You can export all Revit views or sheets to 2D DWF files.
How do I import FormIt into Revit?
Design in FormIt and send your sketch back to Revit using the Send To Revit button in FormIt when launched from the 3D Sketch button. Import a FormIt model into Revit using the Import CAD button in Revit’s Insert tab (more reliable and up to 30x faster than the former Import FormIt to RVT button).
How do I import a PDF into Revit?
Import and Manage PDF Files
- Open the 2D model view in which you want to place the PDF file.
- Click Insert tab Import panel (Image) or (PDF). …
- In the Import Image dialog, navigate to the folder containing the PDF file to import.
- Select the file, and click Open.
- In the Import PDF dialog, select the desired resolution.
How do I import a Revit file into another Revit?
Open an existing model, and link another model to it.
- Open an existing model or start a new model. You will link another model into this model.
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Link Revit).
- In the Import/Link RVT dialog, select the model to link. …
- For Positioning, specify the desired option. …
- Click Open.
Can Revit export to IGES?
ExportMaster for Autodesk® Revit® – IGES® exports your Revit models to IGES format (. … You can set translation options while exporting model to IGES.
How do I convert a Revit file?
Export one or more views and sheets to DWG or DXF format.
- Click File tab Export CAD Formats (DWG) or (DXF).
- In the DWG (or DXF) Export dialog, for Select Export Setup, select the desired setup. …
- Select the views and sheets to export. …
- If you are ready to export, click Next.
How do I convert steps to DWG?
Discover how easy it is to convert a 3D file (STEP, IGES, STL, SLDPRT, X_T, X_B, SAT, OBJ, BREP) to DWG or DXF.
- Open your 3D file.
- Go to File → Save as.
- In the opened window, specify the output file name and file format (AutoCAD DWG or DXF).
- Click Save.
Why can’t I see my imported CAD file in Revit?
Either by zooming to extents or closing and re-opening your file, you will be zoomed out so far that the CAD drawing (and your Revit model) are a tiny, invisible dot in the middle of your screen. To solve this, un-link or remove the CAD file.