Constraints build intelligence into the model, defining relationships and interdependencies between elements. Create constraints by applying locked dimensions and alignments, or attaching elements together (such as walls and roofs).
How do you use constraints in Revit?
Lock a permanent dimension to create a constraint. When you place a permanent dimension, you can click the lock icon for the dimension and create a constraint. A constraint (dashed blue line) appears when you select its references, as shown in the following image.
How do you constrain elements in Revit?
- On the View Control Bar, click (Reveal Constraints). …
- Select a constraint to highlight the elements that are constrained. …
- Optional: Remove the constraint by simply deleting it, or by unlocking it. …
- On the View Control Bar, click to exit Reveal Constraints mode.
What is top constraint in Revit?
Top constraint is where the top of the wall is constraint to. If you set this on unconnected you specify the wall’s unconnected height. Alternatively you can specify a level as top constraint, the wall will then run up to this level. Additionally you can specify an offset for both the base and top constraints.
How do I view constraints in Revit?
On the View Control Bar, click Reveal Constraints. In Reveal Constraints mode, the drawing area has a color border and the constraints display in color. Model elements display in gray. You can now see a constraint between the stair and the wall, and you can see that the walls are aligned with one another.
How do you change constraints in Revit?
Edit Rebar Constraints
- Select a rebar element in your model.
- Click Modify | Structural Rebar tab Host panel (Edit Constraints).
- Select a bar handle, choose a constraint target and adjust the bar geometry and behavior. …
- Click a new reference line to assign the new constraint reference.
How do I remove a constraint in Revit family?
- Click a lock to unlock it.
- Click the EQ symbol to remove an equality constraint. The EQ symbol appears with a slash through it when the equality constraint is not applied.
- Delete the dimension that corresponds to the constraint. A warning appears that you are not deleting the actual constraint.
What is a nested family in Revit?
Nested families in Revit are basically what they sound like: families inside of other families. … Another advantage of using a shared nested family is the family can be mirrored, flipped, or rotated into any kind of configuration that is needed, with all of the families still staying in the same relation to each other.
How do you create a constraint in Revit family?
Constrain Family Geometry
- Use the Align tool and select the specific reference plane and the sketch line to establish the constraint.
- When the lock symbol displays, click it to lock the constraint.
Where is view control bar in Revit?
The View Control Bar is located at the bottom of the view window above the status bar and includes the following tools: Note: The exact tools available on the View Control Bar depends on the view type.
What is the keyboard shortcut in Revit for hide elements?
Complete List of Revit Default Keyboard Shortcuts:
|KB Shortcut||Tool Description|
|PP or CTRL-1 or VP||PROPERTIES; TOGGLE PROPERTIES PALETTE / Toggles the Properties palette.|
|VH||HIDE IN VIEW:HIDE CATEGORY / Hides an element category from view.|
|LI||MODEL LINE; BOUNDARY LINE; REBAR LINE / Places a new line.|