Non-Uniform Rational B-Splines (NURBS) is simply the name for the mathematics that is used to create the geometry in Alias, and in many other CAD systems.
What is NURBS used for?
NURBS are useful for constructing many types of organic 3D forms because of the smooth and minimal nature of the curves they use to construct surfaces. NURBS surface types are widely used in the fields of animation, games, scientific visualization, and industrial design.
What is the difference between NURBS and mesh?
A NURBS model consists of points connected by curves. A polygon mesh consists of thousands or millions of small triangles.
What are the characteristics of NURBS?
NURBS, Non-Uniform Rational B-Splines, are mathematical representations of 3D geometry that can accurately describe any shape from a simple 2D line, circle, arc, or curve to the most complex 3D organic free-form surface or solid.
How do you inscribe in AutoCAD?
To Draw an Inscribed Polygon
- Click Drafting tab > Draw panel > Rectangle drop-down > Polygon.
- At the Command prompt, enter the number of sides.
- Specify the center of the polygon.
- Enter i to specify a polygon inscribed within a circle of specified points.
- Enter the radius length.
How do you convert mesh to NURBS?
To Convert a Mesh Object Into a NURBS Surface
- Click Convert Mesh tab Convert Mesh Convert to Surface. Find.
- Select a mesh object and press Enter. The object is converted to a procedural surface.
- Click Surface tab Control Vertices panel Convert to NURBS. Find.
- Click the surface object to convert it to a NURBS surface.
How much does alias cost?
How much does an Alias subscription cost? The price of an annual Alias Concept subscription is $4,665 and the price of a monthly Alias Concept subscription is $585 . The price of a 3-year Alias Concept subscription is $12,595 .