Viewports are areas that display different views of your drawing and/or model. … Layout viewports are objects that you can scale to display the view of your drawing on a layout tab for publishing and production.
What does VP mean in Autocad?
What the “By Layer VP” means is that you can create a layer override per viewport. For example you can display your dimensions in the one viewport as red and hide them in another viewport.
How do viewports work in Autocad?
To Create a New Layout Viewport
- If necessary, click a layout tab.
- Set the current layer to a layer that’s reserved for layout viewports (recommended). …
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Insert View.
- Do one of the following: …
- Right click to display a list of scales and click one of them.
What does VP freeze mean?
VP Freeze allows you to freeze a layer in a specific viewport. That layer will act as if it is frozen but only in that specific viewport. This allows you to show that layer in one viewport but not in others. NEW VP Freeze will automatically freeze that layer when a new viewport is created.
What is a viewport override?
VP Overrides allow us to customize layer properties like color, linetype, lineweight, and even transparency on a viewport to viewport basis. By changing these settings in an override, the actually object properties remain the same in every other layout/viewport as well as in the model space.
How do I convert CAD to DXF?
To Export a Drawing to a DXF File
- Click Application menu Save As Other Formats. Find.
- Click File menu Save As.
- In the Save Drawing As dialog box, in the Files of type box, select a DXF format.
- Select a folder and enter a file name.
- Click Save.
How do you refresh a viewport in AutoCAD?
To Update an Out-of-date Drawing View
- Click Layout tab Update panel Update View drop-down Update View. Find.
- Click the drawing view you want to update.
- Press ENTER.
How do I view a viewport in AutoCAD?
To Create a New Layout Viewport
- Click View > Viewports > New Viewports….
- In the Viewports dialog box, enter the new name for the viewport.
- Select the viewports from the Standard Viewports list.
- Click OK to create the new Viewport.
Can you have multiple viewports in AutoCAD?
Click a layout tab. In the Viewports dialog box, New Viewports tab, under standard viewports select a viewport configuration from the list. Under Viewport Spacing, select the amount of spacing you want to add between the viewports. …
How do I change the viewport layer?
- On a layout, double-click inside a layout viewport to make it the current viewport.
- Click Home tab Layers panel Layer Properties. Find.
- In the Layer Properties Manager, specify the properties to override in the current layout viewport by changing the properties in the following columns: VP Freeze. VP Color.
How do I create a layer in viewport?
To Create a New Layer That is Visible in Only One Viewport
- Click a layout tab.
- Double-click within a layout viewport to make it current.
- Create a layer. …
- Right-click the new layer and choose VP Freeze Layer > In All Viewports Except Current.
How do I override a layer property in AutoCAD?
Click Home tab Layers panel Layer Properties. In the Layer Properties Manager, right-click the property override that you want to remove. Property overrides are in columns labeled VP Freeze, VP Color, and so on. Click Remove Viewport Overrides For [ property name ] In Current Viewport Only.