On the ribbon, click (Reference Plane). To draw a line: On the Draw panel, click (Line). In the drawing area, draw the reference planes by dragging the cursor.
How do you make reference planes visible in Revit?
With the reference planes selected, there is a Subcategory panel on the Modify|Reference Planes contextual ribbon. Expand the Subcategory: drop-down and select Major Reference. When you deselect the reference planes, you can see that they are now green.
What is reference planes in Revit?
Reference planes are an integral part of family creation. Reference planes display in each plan view that you create for a model. Topics in this section. Add a Reference Plane. Use the Line tool or the Pick Line tool to draw a reference plane.
How do you change a reference plane in Revit?
Select a work plane-based element in a view. Click Modify |
In the Work Plane dialog, select another work plane.
- Name—Choose an available work plane from the list, and click OK. …
- Pick a plane—Revit creates a plane coincident to the selected plane.
Do reference planes print in Revit?
Reference planes, crop boundaries, and scope boxes are hidden for printing by default. … Click Print (Print Setup). In the Print Setup dialog, select Hide ref/work planes.
How do I create a reference level in Revit family?
- Open the section or elevation view to add levels to.
- On the ribbon, click (Level). Architecture tab Datum panel (Level) …
- Place the cursor in the drawing area and click. …
- Draw level lines by moving the cursor horizontally. …
- Click when the level line is the correct length.
How do you make a working plane in Revit?
- On the ribbon, click (Set). Architecture tab Work Plane panel (Set) …
- In the Work Plane dialog, under Specify a new Work Plane, select one of the following options: Name—Choose an available work plane from the list, and click OK. …
- If the selected plane is perpendicular to the current view, the Go to View dialog opens.
Where is Family Editor in Revit?
Select an instance of the family in the drawing area, and click Modify |
How do you make a sloped work plane in Revit?
To create the named Reference Plane, go to any of the primary discipline tabs in Revit: Architecture, Structure or Systems. On the Work Plane Panel select Reference Plane. Select the intersection of the grid and the level at the location where you want to start the reference plane at and draw at the desired angle.