Why can’t I change scale in Revit?
There are a few ways to deal with this situation: Remove (unassign) the view template from the view. This should unlock all of the properties so that they can be modified independently from the View Template. Modify scale defined in the view template.
How do you scale a viewport in Revit?
To Modify a Layout Viewport Scale Using the Properties Palette
- Click the border of the viewport whose scale you want to modify.
- Right-click, and then choose Properties.
- In the Properties palette, select Standard Scale, and then select a new scale from the list. The scale you choose is applied to the viewport.
How do you change the scale of elevation in Revit?
In the Modify dialog, click Change View Scale. In the Change View Scale dialog, enter the desired scale and click OK. The size of text annotations in the view adjust accordingly.
How do I assign a view template in Revit?
Apply a View Template
- In the Project Browser, select the view or views to which you want to apply a view template. …
- Click View tab Graphics panel View Templates drop-down Apply Template Properties to Current View, or right-click and select Apply View Template.
How do I reduce 3D view in Revit?
Show or hide levels in 3D views
Click the Annotation Categories tab. In the Visibility column for Levels, select the check box to show levels in the view; clear the check box to hide them.
How do you crop a 3D view in Revit?
In the drawing area, select the crop region. Click Modify <view type> tab Crop panel (Size Crop). The Crop Region Size dialog opens. If you are modifying a crop region in a perspective 3D view, select either Field of view or Scale (locked proportions).
How do you fix the viewport in Revit?
Modify a View on a Sheet
- Open the sheet.
- In the drawing area, select a view on the sheet. …
- Click Modify | Viewports tab Viewport panel (Activate View). …
- Modify the view as desired. …
- To deactivate the view on the sheet, double-click outside of the view, or right-click, and click Deactivate View.
What is a viewport Revit?
When you add a view to a sheet, a viewport displays on the sheet to represent the view. … If desired, you can activate the view and modify the building model from the sheet. Note: Viewports apply only to project drawings, such as floor plans, elevations, sections, and 3D views.
How do I shorten a viewport line?
To change the length of the horizontal line that displays with the view title, do the following:
- Zoom in on the view title until you can clearly see the blue drag controls. Note: Be sure that you have selected the viewport for the view on the sheet. …
- Drag the controls to shorten or lengthen the horizontal line.