This tutorial will show you how to export a Revit file to SketchUp. There are two methods for transferring a model. The first is by using a plugin, and the second is by exporting to a DWG file, then importing into SketchUp. … Tip: You must be in a 3D view to export with either method.
Can I open a Revit file in Sketchup?
You can import a Revit 3-D model into Google SketchUp if you export it in the “. DXF” file format. Click the “R” icon on your toolbar and select the “Export” option. Click “CAD Formats” and select “DXF” from the list of export types.
Is Sketchup as good as Revit?
Overall, Revit is aimed at more complex projects of whole infrastructures. Sketchup would handle such a project too, but it’s much better fitted for interior design thanks to 3D visualization tools. … However, if you’re planning to bring your project to life and build it, Revit is the more suitable 3D software for you.
Can Revit be converted to CAD?
Just in case you need to convert a 3D Revit model to 3D AutoCAD, here ya go. … With the Revit model open, Click the Application Menu (“Big R”) > “Export” > “CAD Formats” > Select “DWG“. In the “DWG Export” dialog box – Click on the ellipsis (button with 3 dots) to open the “Modify DWG/DXF Export Setup” dialog box.
How do I open a Revit file without Revit?
You have the following options to view a Revit model without Revit:
- Use the free online A360 Viewer.
- Download the free Design Review 2013 and export the Revit model as a DWF.
- Use the Revit viewer mode. …
- If you have Navisworks, you can open the Revit file in Navisworks, then save as an NWD file.
Is there a Revit viewer?
To open and review models without an active license, you can run Revit in viewer mode. Revit Viewer is intended for reviewing models and printing views and sheets without the need for a software license or subscription.
Is archicad better than SketchUp?
If you wish to get a convenient way to learn which Architecture Software product is better, our exclusive system gives ARCHICAD a score of 9.2 and SketchUp a score of 8.9 for overall quality and performance. Furthermore, ARCHICAD is rated at 98%, while SketchUp is rated 97% for their user satisfaction level.
How do I export Revit to 3D CAD?
Click File tab Export CAD Formats (DWG files). In the DWG Export dialog, click (Modify Export Setup). On the Solids tab of the Modify DWG/DXF Export Setup dialog, select Export as AutoCAD Architecture and AutoCAD MEP Objects.
How do I extract a CAD File from Revit?
- Define your “optimal” export settings in the Revit project or template file. …
- Define your AutoCAD Template file with your desired custom blocks and settings in it. …
- Export views from your Revit model to *. …
- Insert the exported dwg files (from Revit) into a new drawing created using your custom AutoCAD Template.
How do you explode a SketchUp model in Revit?
Exploding Sketchup geometry
Click Modify | <File Name> tab Import Instance panel Explode drop-down (Partial Explode) or (Full Explode).
How do I convert Rhino to Revit?
Importing a Rhino model into Revit
- Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD). …
- In the Import CAD Formats dialog, navigate to the folder that contains the file to import.
- For Files of type, select the appropriate file type (such as DWG, SAT, or SKP).
- Select the file to import.
- Specify the desired import settings.
How do I create a family in Place project in Revit?
Create an In-Place Element
- Open a project.
- On the ribbon, click (Model In-Place). …
- In the Family Category and Parameters dialog, select a category for the element, and click OK. …
- In the Name dialog, type a name, and click OK. …
- Use the Family Editor tools to create the in-place element.