The best way to make the fittings are to start with another fitting and modify it. Open the file, click on the “Settings” pull-down menu and select “Family Categories and Parameters”. Then select the family category you want, like “Duct Fitting” in your case.
How do I edit a Revit template?
Edit a panel schedule template
- Click Manage tab Settings Panel Panel Schedule Templates Edit a Template.
- In the Edit a Template dialog, select the template type. The template type determines the option(s) in the Templates pane. …
- For Templates, select the template to edit and click Open.
Can you change a project template in Revit?
In Revit, select the File Ribbon tab, hover the mouse over New, and then select Project. If the desired template is not in the drop-down list of Project Templates, click Browse (1). In the Choose Template dialog box, navigate to the . rte file you’ve been working in (2) and Click OK.
What should be included in a Revit template?
Consider these recommendations and guidelines when creating custom project templates.
- Content location. …
- Naming standards. …
- Annotation. …
- Title blocks. …
- Viewport types. …
- Content. …
- Views/Schedules/Sheets. …
- View types/Browser sorting.
How do I load a template in Revit 2019?
Location of project templates
- Create the project templates that you want to include in the list.
- Click File tab Options.
- Click the File Locations tab.
- Add one or more templates to the Project templates list, as follows: Click (Add Value). …
- Rearrange the list to put templates in the desired order.
How do you change from Revit to Imperial?
To change the default file and folder locations in Revit:
- Click File > Options >File Locations.
- On the right, click in the box next to Architectural Template, and click the button with 3 dots that appears.
- In Browse for Template file, click in the drop-down next to “look in”. …
- Repeat for the other templates.
What is a Revit template?
A project template can include view templates, loaded families, defined settings (such as units, fill patterns, line styles, line weights, view scales, and more), and geometry, if desired. … As installed, Revit provides several templates for different disciplines and types of building projects.
Why can’t I load a family in Revit?
If you get the message “Cannot Load Family Files” this could mean that the diffuser was not created with the proper family template file and the family category was not set to air terminal. … Insert tab > Load Family. Annotate tab > Symbol, Component. Massing & Site tab > Site Component, Parking Component.
How do I load a family in Revit 2022?
- Click Insert tab Load from Library panel (Load Family).
- In the Load Family dialog, double-click the category of the family that you want to load.
- Preview any of the families (RFA) in the category: To preview a single family, select it from the list. …
- Select the family that you want to load, and click Open.
Why can’t I save my Revit file?
Causes: Missing user write permissions. Corrupt Windows User Profile. Anti-virus software or other third-party applications or services that would conflict with the saving process of Autodesk Revit.