How do you draw a line in Revit?
- Select a tool that allows for a line. …
- Click Modify | Place Lines tab (or respective Modify | Place
tab or Modify | Create tab) Draw panel (Line).
- On the Options Bar: …
- Click in the drawing area to specify the start point of the line.
- Move the cursor and click to specify the end point of the line.
How do you change draw order in Revit?
To change the draw order, use the Bring to Front and Send to Back tools on the Modify tab Arrange panel. Every detail component, detail line, and filled region has a graphic draw order within the overall detail.
How do I use line patterns in Revit?
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down Line Patterns.
- In the Line Patterns dialog, click New.
- In the Line Pattern Properties dialog, enter a name for the pattern.
- Click in the value for Type, and select either a dash or a dot.
- If you selected a dash, click under Value, and enter a value.
Where is the line tool in Revit?
Click Modify tab View panel (Linework). Click Modify | Linework tab Line Style panel, and select the line style to apply to the edge from the Line Style drop-down. For information about defining and modifying line styles, see Line Styles. In the drawing area, highlight the edge whose line style you want to change.
How do I start drawing in Revit?
Open Revit LT, and on the Revit Home page, click New. In the dialog, select Architectural Template to start a project using the default template. In the Project Browser, under Elevations (Building Elevation), double-click South to open the South view in the drawing area.
How do you draw 3D in Revit?
Create a Perspective 3D View
- Open a plan, section, or elevation view.
- Click View tab Create panel 3D View drop-down Camera. …
- Click in the drawing area to place the camera.
- Drag the cursor to the desired target and click to place it.
Is there a draw order in Revit?
Draw order options are available when you select details in the view. For an example of changing the draw order, see About the Draw Order of Details. … In the drawing area, select one or more details. The following tools become available on the Modify
How do you sort elements in Revit?
Change the primary element in a connection
- Select the connection to view the connection order.
- Drag and drop the filled circle onto the desired primary element. The elements will swap order.
Do line patterns contain only dots dashes and spaces in Revit?
So, line pattern is consistent of dashes, dots and spaces. … Line pattern must end with space. Dot will be displayed (and printed) as a short line (1.5 points wide).
How do I export a solid file from Revit?
Click File tab Export Options (Export Setups DWG/DXF). Select the setup to modify. Click the Solids tab.
For Export solids as, select one of the following values:
- Polymesh. Exports all visible Revit geometry as polymeshes. …
- ACIS solids. …
- AutoCAD® Architecture and AutoCAD® MEP objects.
When exporting views and sheets to AutoCAD layer mapping is controlled in the?
Use the Layers tab of the Modify DWG/DXF Export Setup dialog to customize layer mapping settings for a DWG or DXF export setup. Use the Lines tab of the Modify DWG/DXF Export Setup dialog to specify the linetype scale that will control how Revit linetype definitions are exported.
How do you show line thickness in Revit?
Follow steps below:
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down (Line Weights).
- In the Line Weights dialog, click the Model Line Weights, Perspective Line Weights, or Annotation Line Weights tab.
- Click a cell in the table and enter a value.
- Click OK.
What is the difference between model line and detail line in Revit?
Because they exist in 3D space, you can use model lines to represent geometry such as cords or cables supporting a tarp. In contrast to model lines, detail lines exist only in the view they are drawn in (see Draw Detail Lines). … Model lines can be drawn in the project environment, or in the massing environment.