What is a Revit central file?
The central model stores the current ownership information for all worksets and elements in the project, and acts as the distribution point for all changes made to the model.
How do I use local and central files in Revit?
Create a Local Copy of a Central Model
- Click File tab Open.
- In the Open dialog, navigate to the folder where the central model resides and select it. To navigate to a central model that is connected to the Revit Server: …
- Under Worksharing, verify that Create New Local is selected. …
- Click Open.
How do you make a Revit model not a central model?
- Click File tab Open.
- Select a workshared model.
- In the Open dialog, select Detach from Central.
- Click Open. The default file name for the model is the original filename with “_detached” appended. …
- In the task dialog, specify whether to preserve or discard worksets. …
- Save the model.
Where is local Revit file saved?
When working on Collaboration for Revit files, local copies are saved at the following file path: C:Users%USERNAME%AppDataLocalAutodeskRevit
Can you have two Revit files open at once?
Try to open the different revit project files inside the same revit session (CTR + O). You should be able to get all in the same revit session.
What does detach from central mean in Revit?
When you tick Detach from Central it create a copy of the original Central File. This copy, when saved, is still another worksharing central file, independent from the original.
How do I update my central model in Revit?
Upgrade through Revit
In the legacy release of Revit, open and detach the central model from Revit Server. Save the model to the local file system. Open the model in the newer release of Revit to upgrade it. Finally, save the model to the newer release of Revit Server.
How do you sync central Revit?
To save your changes locally, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+S. To save your changes to the central model using the current settings, click the Collaborate tab > Synchronize panel > Synchronize with Central drop-down > Synchronize Now.
How do I create a local file in Revit 2020?
Use this procedure if you have already opened the central model, and you want to create a local copy of it.
- Click File tab Save As (Project).
- In the Save As dialog, navigate to the desired location on the Revit Server network or on your hard drive.
- Enter a name for the file, and click Save.
How do I sync Revit models?
Open your model in Revit that corresponds with the model data in Assemble to be synced. Select the Assemble tab, and then select the option to Sync. Select your project. Select your model.
Where does BIM 360 save local files?
BIM 360 Design local files: C:Users%username%AppDataLocalAutodeskRevitAutodesk Revit 2019CollaborationCache. This is where the “Local” file is saved for a BIM 360 Design project.
Why can’t I detach from central Revit?
The network connection/resource is busy, or disconnected (likely culprit) Someone is creating a local at the same moment (less often, but happens) Opening a file created in a newer version of Revit (less often) File is a Local file (user copied a local over a central)
How do I unlink a file in Revit?
Unload linked models to temporarily remove them from the project.
- Click Manage tab Manage Project panel (Manage Links).
- In the Manage Links dialog, click the relevant tab.
- Select the linked model.
- To unload the selected model, click Unload.