To copy the model geometry from an existing view into a new view, right-click the existing view in the Project Browser, and click Duplicate View Duplicate. If you right-click, and click Duplicate View Duplicate with Detailing, both the model geometry and the detail geometry are copied into the new view.
How do you duplicate something in Revit?
Do one of the following:
- Select the elements to copy, and then click Modify |
tab Modify panel (Copy).
- Click Modify tab Modify panel (Copy), select the elements to copy, and then press Enter .
Can you copy and paste on Revit?
Select an element and, while pressing Ctrl , drag the element to copy it. Use the Copy tool to copy elements and place them immediately. Use the clipboard to copy and paste elements with Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V .
How do I copy text from AutoCAD to Revit?
- To Copy Text cleanly from Microsoft Word into AutoCAD or Revit:
- Step One: Highlight the text in Word & COPY to Clipboard (CNTRL+C)
- Step Two: In either AutoCAD or Revit begin the TEXT command.
- Step Three: Click out in the drawing area to begin the text box.
- Step Four: Paste the text into the text box (CNTRL+V)
How do I copy text from one view to another in Revit?
Use the Copy to Clipboard tool, for example, when you need to switch views before placing the copies.
- Select one or more elements in the drawing area.
- Click Modify |
tab Clipboard panel (Copy).
- Note: When editing text notes, click Modify | Text Notes Clipboard panel (Copy).
Where is the clipboard in Revit?
Select one or more elements in the drawing area. Click Modify |
How do I paste into BIM?
How to copy locations from one document to another in BIM 360…
- In the Library, click the green button
Locations of Document A.
- Copy all locations.
- Paste it into a text file.
- Select Document B.
- Click Actions.
- Select Edit Locations.
- Copy one location from the text file.
- Paste it into the search field.
How do you copy a wall in Revit?
- Copy to Clipboard (CTRL+C) or from the Modify ribbon>Clipboard panel, choose Copy.
- On the Modify ribbon > Clipboard, click the drop down arrow under the Paste command.
- Select “Aligned to Selected Levels”
- Choose the Target level (i.e. Level 2)
- Switch to a 3D View to see the results.
How do I import text into Revit?
Add Text from a File to a Sheet
- In the project, open the sheet.
- Click Annotate tab Text panel (Text).
- Click Modify | Place Text tab Format panel (No Leader).
- Click in the drawing area to place the text insertion point.
- On the Windows desktop, open the text document, and copy its contents to the clipboard.
How do I import a text file into Revit?
– Autodesk Community – Revit Products.
- Create a Legend view or a Detail view, depending on how there are to be referenced.
- Create one ‘word’ using the Text routine.
- Open your external . …
- go badck to RAC, Highlight the one “word” you just created, and hit the Ctrl>V keys to replace with the txt text….
How do I copy text in AutoCAD?
The steps are below:
- Copy (CTRL+C) numerical text. ( this can be from word, notepad, ect., as long as it is all numerical)
- In AutoCAD 2012 and before ,with Dynamic Input on, start the CIRCLE command (center, radius)
- After clicking the first point, use the CTRL+V to paste the text into the radius box.
Can you Copy sheets from one Revit project to another?
Open the project where you want to reuse existing views or sheets. Click Insert Import panel Insert from File drop-down (Insert Views from File). In the Open dialog, navigate to the project that contains the desired views or sheets, select it, and click Open.