How do you make a chain and sprocket in AutoCAD?
Select the Library button. In the Select a Chain dialog box, select the type of the chain. In the Select Part Size dialog box, select the size of the chain. In the Number of Teeth to Draw field, enter the number of teeth for the sprocket, in order to calculate the diameter of the pitch circle.
How do you dimension a chain in AutoCAD?
To Create a Chain Dimension
- Click Home tab Dimension panel Power Dimension. …
- At the command prompt, enter C to select Chain.
- Select a base dimension (1). …
- Edit the dimension as required, using the settings on the Power Dimensioning ribbon contextual tab, or click Power Dimensioning tab Predefined drop-down.
What is AutoCAD chain size?
Click Home tab Dimension panel Power Dimension. Find. At the command prompt, enter C to select Chain. Select a base dimension (1). Then specify the extension line origin at which to start the chain dimension (2).
What are running dimensions?
A running dimension is a dimension that is taken from one end of a structure and provides multiple points in an increasing fashion. It is for baggages in an aircraft.
How do you measure continuous in Autocad?
Create a Continued or Chain Dimension
- Click Annotate tab Dimensions panel Continue. Find.
- If prompted, select the dimension to continue. …
- Use object snaps to specify additional extension line origins.
- Press Enter twice to end the command.