It’s a cloud-based collaboration and file storage tool where you can view 3D models, assign tasks to collaborators as well as assign project folder viewing/editing access. Trimble Connect is also where you can tap into version history for edited file recovery.
What does Trimble Connect do?
Trimble Connect is an open collaboration tool that connects the right people to the right data at the right time – enabling informed decision making and enhancing project efficiency.
Is Trimble the same as SketchUp?
There is effectively no difference between Google SketchUp and Trimble SketchUp – other than ownership. … When Google decided that SketchUp wasn’t part of their grand plans, it was sold to Trimble. The development team also moved to Trimble. The focus of development is now on the professional application of SketchUp.
How do I set up Trimble connect?
- Start by going to Trimble Connect. You will be asked to sign in to your Trimble Account.
- Click “Create new Trimble ID” to create a new account. …
- Enter your name, email address, and password. …
- Go to your inbox and open the confirmation email. …
- You can now sign in to your account!
How much does Trimble connect cost?
Trimble Connect Pricing Overview
Trimble Connect pricing starts at $10.00 per user, per month. There is a free version. Trimble Connect offers a free trial.
Can you use Trimble connect offline?
When losing Internet connection, Trimble Connect for Windows goes into offline mode. Trimble Connect for Windows can still be used offline, as all features except the project synchronization is enabled. All changes will be synchronized when Internet connection is restored.
How do I update my Trimble connect model?
Update a Model from Trimble Connect
- Open the Document Control task.
- Right-click the model where the changes are indicated.
- Select the Go To Trimble Connect file option.
Can you share SketchUp files?
You can always use the SketchUp Mobile Viewer and SketchUp for Web to view and share files.
Is SketchUp Free 2020?
Anyone can use a free slimmed down version of the 3D modeling software, SketchUp Free, which runs as a cloud-based application on your browser.
Is SketchUp used professionally?
Many professionals use SketchUp, and programs like it. 3D modeling and design have a huge market now when it comes to creating a multitude of objects for 3D printing.
How do I upload models to Trimble connect?
Go to the Trimble Connect ribbon tab, and click Upload model. To confirm saving the model and uploading the entire model folder to the attached Trimble Connect project, click Save and upload.
How do I know what model my Trimble Connect is?
With Trimble Connect, you can view models and point clouds in our 3D Viewer.
View 3D Files
- Open your project in Trimble Connect for Browser.
- Go to the Explorer page.
- Select one or more 3D files. …
- After you have selected your file(s) the detail panel will open on the right-side.
- To view in 3D, click the View button.