How do I reset the startup file in Blender?
To change the startup scene, make all of the desired changes to the current scene or current file and File ‣ Save Startup File. Saving the startup. blend still stores user preferences in the file.
How do I save my Blender setup?
1 Answer. Ctrl + U will save your current settings and setup as the default startup view, meaning it will set everything as the default including the current view(s), whatever data is loaded (images, models), and the User Interface.
Where is Blender located?
|Blender Foundation headquarters at Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|Purpose||Development of Blender|
How do I reset my cursor in Blender?
3 Answers. Use Shift + S and then “Cursor to center“. Or you can use use a direct hotkey Shift + C .
How do I change settings in Blender?
Changing Blender Preferences
Go to File > User Preferences. Open the Input tab. Blender’s default for selection is Right click. You can change this to Left.
How do you zoom out an object in Blender?
Zooming Has Its Limits
- Place the 3D cursor at the location you’d like to zoom to and press Ctrl+Numpad Dot (.). …
- Select the object that you want to zoom in on and press Numpad Dot (.). …
- Try popping quickly into Orthographic view by pressing Numpad 5.
How do I export my preferences in Blender?
How to Transfer Settings in Blender
- Navigate to /Blender/ folder. …
- C:/Users/*USERNAME*/Roaming/Blender Foundation/Blender.
- Open older version folder with desired settings.
- Open /config.
- Copy userpref.blend.
- Navigate back two steps to the /Blender folder.
- Open the new version folder.
- Open /config.
How do I open a new file in Blender?
Blend-files can also be opened by dragging and dropping blend-files into the Blender window. This method also allows to link/append the file. By default, when exiting Blender or loading a new blend-file, if you have unsaved changes, a pop-up will ask you to either confirm discarding those changes, or save them.