How do I add a category in Revit?
Create Family Subcategories
- With the family open, click Manage tab Settings panel (Object Styles).
- On the Model Objects tab of the Object Styles dialog, under Category, select the family category.
- Under Modify Subcategories, click New.
- In the New Subcategory dialog, for Name, enter a new name. …
- Click OK.
How do you create a sheet series in Revit?
Add a Sheet
- Open the project.
- Click View tab Sheet Composition panel (Sheet).
- Select a title block, as follows: In the New Sheet dialog, select a title block from the list. …
- Enter information in the title block of the sheet.
- Add views to the sheet.
- Change the default number and name that Revit assigned to the sheet.
How do I organize my project browser?
Click View tab Windows panel User Interface drop-down (Browser Organization). In the Browser Organization dialog, click the tab for the desired list: Views, Sheets, or Schedules. Click New. Enter a name for the organization scheme, and click OK.
How do you organize a sheet with discipline in Revit?
On the Fields tab, add the Designed By field. On the Sorting/Grouping tab, select to sort by the Designed By field and then the Sheet Number. This sorting logic will group the sheets by discipline and then in ascending numerical order.
What is a category in Revit?
Revit Element Hierarchy. Category: A Category controls the organization, visibility, graphical representations, and scheduling options of Families within the Project.
Where is family categories and Parameters in Revit?
In the Family Editor, click Create tab (or Modify tab) Properties panel (Family Category and Parameters). From the dialog, select a family category whose properties you want to import into the current family. Specify the family parameters. Note: Family parameter options vary depending on family category.
How do I enable view in Revit?
Modify a View on a Sheet
- Open the sheet.
- In the drawing area, select a view on the sheet. …
- Click Modify | Viewports tab Viewport panel (Activate View). …
- Modify the view as desired. …
- To deactivate the view on the sheet, double-click outside of the view, or right-click, and click Deactivate View.