Can you open STL files in Revit?
Currently, Revit can import dwg, dxf, ifc, sat, skp and dgn. We have converters that convert STL to DWG and then you can link/import the dwg in Revit. Alternatively, you can convert the STL to a solid file using Inventor, then follow the inventor to Revit workflow.
How do I convert a STL file to Revit?
Export your Revit Model to a STL File
- Open a 3D view. Note: The exported geometry will be based on the current view. …
- Click the File tab Export CAD Formats STL.
- In the STL Export dialog , specify your STL file options.
- Click Save to create the STL file or click Cancel to close STL Export dialog.
How do I import STL files?
File > Import.
Before you can edit an STL file, you need to import it into Sketchup. Open Sketchup. Navigate to “file” and select “import.” In the bottom right drop down menu select “STL.” Click on the file you want to use and select “import.”
How do I import a file into Revit?
Import a CAD File
- Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD).
- In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the file to import, and select the file. …
- Specify options. …
- Click Open.
Can I open STL file in AutoCAD?
While some CAD programs are able to import STL files, AutoCAD users will know that it isn’t possible with this software. DWG is the native file format of AutoCAD that can store both 2D and 3D data. It’s highly compatible with other CAD software, making it one of the most commonly used formats around.
What 3D files can Revit import?
Revit supports the import of ACIS objects contained in DWG, DXF, DGN, and SAT files. You can incorporate a Trimble® SketchUp® design into a Revit project to provide a starting point for the building model. You can import 3D geometry from supported file formats and applications.
Can Revit be used for 3D printing?
3D Printing with Revit, yes it is possible. 3D Printing from Revit Tutorial.
What is a 3D STL file?
An STL (Standard Tessellation Language or STereoLithography) file is a format that describes surface geometry of a 3D object without any colour, texture or other attributes. This format uses a series of linked triangles to recreate or reproduce surface geometry of the 3D model.
Can I open STL file in SketchUp?
In SketchUp, you can import and export STL files, which are used in 3D printing. As explained in 3D Printing a Model, for a SketchUp model to become a successful 3D printout, the model needs to meet certain criteria, such as having a base and a volume and being a solid.
What program opens STL files?
7 of the best free STL file editors
- MeshLab. MeshLab is a very complete free and open source program to edit your STL files. …
- SketchUp. SketchUp, which used to be called Google SketchUp, is a 3D modeling software that now belongs to the architectural company Trimble Buildings. …
- SculptGL. SculptGL is a free 3D sculpting tool.
How do I convert a STL file to an image?
Here are 3 simple steps to create an STL file from a JPG or PNG file.
- Upload a JPG or PNG. Click the “Upload a File” button and select an image file (PNG or JPG) to upload. …
- Select your Options. Set the dimensions and other options and click the “Convert to STL” button to convert your JPG or PNG to STL.
- Download your STL.
Can I open DWG file in Revit?
Revit supports the import of ACIS objects contained in DWG, DXF, DGN, and SAT files. You can incorporate a Trimble® SketchUp® design into a Revit project to provide a starting point for the building model.
Can you convert DWG to Revit?
Converting AutoCAD to Revit
There are a few methods for bringing CAD drawings into Revit. The easiest method is to simply import the drawing into a Revit drafting view and explode it. … Essentially, every layer in the DWG file becomes a Revit linetype.
Can you import Revit into AutoCAD?
No it’s not directly possible. You will need to export the rvt file to a dwg.