How do I change the viewport boundary in Autocad?
Redefine a layout viewport boundary
- Click a layout tab.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Clip. …
- Select either an existing object to designate as the new viewport boundary, or specify the points of a new boundary. …
- Click OK.
How do I get the viewport border in Autocad?
On the command line type QSELECT. Select ‘Viewports‘ from the drop down list and click ‘Ok’. Move viewport to another layer if showing on the defpoint layer.
How do I unhide a viewport frame in Autocad?
To restore the missing viewport, do the following:
- In the Layer Properties Manager, make sure the layer that contains the viewport geometry is not turned off or frozen.
- Go to the layout tab that contains the problem viewport.
- From the Properties palette, select the Quick Select button on the top right.
How do you unlock a viewport?
Follow these steps to set up the viewport:
- Verify that you’re in paper space. (Check the UCS icon or move the crosshairs.)
- Select the boundary of the viewport whose arrangement you want to protect. …
- Click the Lock/Unlock Viewport button to lock the viewport scale.
How do you adjust a viewport?
Using the Properties palette . . .
- Select the layout viewport that you want to modify.
- Right-click, and then choose Properties.
- If necessary, click Display Locked and choose No.
- In the Properties palette, select Standard Scale, and then select a new scale from the list. The scale you choose is applied to the viewport.
What is viewport Autocad?
Layout viewports are objects that display views of model space. You create, scale, and place them in paper space on a layout. On each layout, you can create one or more layout viewports. Each layout viewport is like a closed circuit TV monitor of a view of the model at a scale and orientation that you specify.
How do you add a viewport?
To Create a New Layout Viewport
- Click View > Viewports > New Viewports….
- In the Viewports dialog box, enter the new name for the viewport.
- Select the viewports from the Standard Viewports list.
- Click OK to create the new Viewport.
How do you hide a viewport frame?
- Switch to the layout that contains the viewport border that you do not want plotted.
- On the Object Properties toolbar, click the Layers toolbar button.
- In the Layers dialog box, click New.
- Name the new layer.
- Click the Freeze Layer icon for the new layer. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
How do I restore a viewport in Autocad?
To Restore a Saved Viewport Arrangement in Model Space
- Click View tab Model Viewports panel Named. Find.
- In the Viewports dialog box, Named Viewports tab, choose a configuration to restore.
How do I manage viewports in Autocad?
To adjust the size, shape, and border of the new layout viewport, select the layout viewport and click a size grip one of the corners of the viewport object. To move the layout viewport, click the move grip at the center of the viewport and click a new location. Alternatively, you can use the Move command.
How do you pan a viewport?
Pan a Distance Within a Viewport
- Double click the viewport to activate it.
to start the pan command in the command line.
- Pick a point inside of the viewport to specify the base point.
- Move the cursor in the desired direction of the pan (use ortho)
- Enter the specific distance and hit