How do you save mass in Revit?
Import a Design to a Mass Family
- Use the design software to create the massing study.
- In Revit, open the project in which you want to use the massing study, and open a 3D view.
- Click File tab New (Family).
- In the New dialog, select Mass. …
- Import the file containing the design, as follows: …
- Save the mass family.
How do I create a group in Revit?
Create a Group Using the Group Editor
- Click Architecture tab Model panel Model Group drop-down (Create Group). …
- In the Create Group dialog, enter a name for the group.
- Select the type of group to create (model or detail), and click OK.
How do you manage groups in Revit?
Add or Remove Elements in a Group
- In the drawing area, select the group to modify. …
- Click Modify | Model Groups tab or Modify | Attached Detail Groups tab Group panel (Edit Group). …
- On the Edit Group panel, click (Add) to add elements to the group, or click (Remove) to remove elements from the group.
How do you create a mass family in Revit?
When you create a mass family in the Family Editor, you can then load the family into a project, and place instances of the mass family in the project. Click File tab New Conceptual Mass. In the New Conceptual Mass dialog, select Mass.
Can I group objects in Revit?
Create a group by selecting elements or existing groups, and using the Create Group tool. In a project view, select the desired elements or existing groups you want in the group. Click Modify | Multi-Select tab Create panel (Create Group). … In the Create Group dialog, enter a name for the group.
How do I make a group unique in Revit?
In the Project Browser, right-click the group name, and click Duplicate. The new group displays in the Project Browser. For example, if your original group was called Group 1, the new group would be Group 2. You can rename the group as necessary.
How do you explode a group in Revit?
Groups of elements can be ungrouped in order to edit the individual elements making up the group.
- In the drawing area, select a group.
- Click Modify | Model Groups tab Ungroup.
What is the difference between assembly and group in Revit?
Assemblies function similar to Groups, but are designed so that the grouped elements are tagged and scheduled as a single unit under one category. Assemblies are primarily designed to create detailed views and sheets of the assembly as a type of shop drawing to show how the group is constructed.
How do I turn off model groups in Revit?
In the drawing area, select a model group that has an attached detail group, or groups. Click Modify | Model Groups tab Group panel (Attached Detail Groups). In the Attached Detail Group Placement dialog, select or clear check boxes to show or hide the attached detail group. Click OK.
How do you copy a group model in Revit?
Duplicate Group Types
- In the Project Browser, right-click the group name, and click Duplicate. The new group displays in the Project Browser. …
- Select the group in the drawing area, and on the Properties palette, click (Edit Type). In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate.