You can explode imported DWG 3D solid (not polymesh) geometry in the Family Editor environment. Select the import symbol. Click Modify | Imports in Families tab Import Instance panel Explode drop-down (Partial Explode) or (Full Explode). The 3D solids are now preserved as free form elements.
How do you clean up a family in Revit?
Cleaning Families. Open up the Family Types Dialog box. Change any material parameter values to
Can you explode CAD in Revit?
Exploding a CAD file inside Revit is not a good idea. The problem is that Revit will change all layers into a Linestyle. That means if you have a large CAD file with many layers, you will have loads of dumb, useless linestyles. Exploding CAD: A lot of useless Line Styles are created.
How do you make an exploded diagram?
To create an exploded view:
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .
Why is Revit so slow?
Causes: Working in a Revit model involves interacting with many systems, and if any one (or more) of those systems has slow performance, the entire experience in Revit can be slowed down. … The operating system (OS updates can influence Revit performance). The system hardware (including CPU, Graphics Card, RAM etc.).
How do I purge unused in Revit?
Go to “Manage” tab > “Purge Unused” (under Settings panel), select “Check All” to automatically purge unnecessary model elements. Also, remove unused Links. Got to “Manage” > “Manage Links” (under Manage Project panel). Click through the tabs to remove all the links (AutoCAD and Revit Links) from the file.
How do you delete family text in Revit?
Go to Solution. Under “Purge Unused” (on the Manage tab), you can click “Check None” and then scroll down to the bottom of the dialog to the “Text” header, and specify the unused Text Styles you wish to delete.
Can I render a SketchUp model in Revit?
To incorporate a Trimble® SketchUp® design, import the SKP file into a Revit family. Then load the family into a Revit project. … Make sure you import the geometric data needed for the Revit capability that you plan to use. See About Imported Geometry.
How do you explode a linked Revit model?
- Select the import symbol.
- Click Modify |
tab Import Instance panel Explode drop-down (Partial Explode) or (Full Explode).
How do you explode a CAD file?
To Explode an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Explode. Find.
- Select the objects to be exploded. For most objects, exploding has no visible effect.
What is the Revit family file format?
The Revit Family File is stored in the RFA format and is affixed with the RFA extension, and is used by Revit. These RFA files are generally classified as data files that contain one or more 3D models that can be imported into a three dimensional scene and were created and saved using the Revit Family Editor.
How do I make models faster in Revit?
Improve Your Revit Workflow and Build Models Faster
- Tip #1 – Using Internal Notes.
- Tip #2 – Learn the Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Tip #3 – Avoid Bad Clicking.
- Tip #4 – Use Scheduling to Your Advantage.
- Tip #5 – Use Those Plug-Ins and Apps.
- Tip #6 – Have the Right Hardware.
- Tip #7 – Using Temporary View Properties.