Periodically, you need to purge unused components from your file. Doing so will reduce your file size and stop some of those SketchUp bug splats. To purge unused, go to the Window Tab > Model Info > Statistics > Purge Unused. While you’re there, you might as well click the Fix Problems button for good measure.
How do you purge in Sketchup 2020?
Or, to purge all your unused items at once, select Window > Model Info, select Statistics in the sidebar on the left, and click the Purge Unused button.
How do I make a Sketchup file less heavy?
Delete Components to Reduce Sketchup File Size
- Default Tray > Components. If you go to the default tray on the righthand side of your screen, you will notice a “components” tab. …
- SAVE A COPY AS! Before continuing, make sure you save a copy of your original Sketchup file! …
- Window > Model Info > Statistics. …
- Purge Unused.
28 мая 2019 г.
How make Sketchup faster?
1Manage the complexity of the stuff placed in the file.
- Make do with the least amount of geometry.
- Make repeated elements components.
- Keep the file size of imported images and materials as low as possible.
- Purge unnecessary stuff.
Where is explode in Sketchup?
To break up the object, click to select it and choose Edit > Group > Explode or Edit > Component > Explode.
How do I clean up my SketchUp model?
- “Clean Up” the whole model first. (extension)
- Use “Selection Toys” and “Select All Instances” to delete unwanted components and geometery.
- Run another clean up.
- “Weld” any broken edges. “Soften / Smooth” faces to get the poly count down.
Why is SketchUp not responding?
Sketchup not responding is usually caused by a device that has a low specification. This means that the device does not meet the minimum hardware requirements to run the program. … Not responding can also be caused by a rendering plugin installed in the program.
What makes a SketchUp file heavy?
If you have downloaded many of the components from the 3D warehouse, it is very probable that they are seriously over-detailed, especially if they have merely been converted from manufacturer’s original CAD files meant to show how the product is manufactured. …
How do I reduce the size of a Lumion file?
1.1: Hide surfaces that are unimportant in your 3D/CAD software before importing the model in Lumion. 1.2: Export the model via LiveSync rather than via . DAE format as it is faster and requires fewer resources. 1.3: Consider splitting up the model in several parts and import them as separate models in Lumion.
How do I email a SketchUp file?
How to Share Your SketchUp Model
- Navigate around (using Orbit, Zoom, and Pan) until you like the view of your model that you see in your modeling window.
- Choose File→Export→2D Graphic.
- In the Export dialog box that opens, choose JPEG from the Export Type drop-down list.
- Pick a location on your computer and give your exported image a name.
How do I force GPU in SketchUp?
SketchUp defaulting to my Intel Graphics card instead of my AMD card
- Right-click desktop and choose “Display Settings” (from context menu.)
- Scroll to the bottom of the Display panel and choose “Graphics Settings”
- Verify that “Classic app” is set for the “Choose an app to set preference” type drop down list,
How much RAM does SketchUp need?
SketchUp Hardware and Software RequirementsMinimum SpecificationsRecommended Specifications2.1+ GHz Intel processor2.8+ GHz Intel processor4GB RAM8GB+ RAM700MB of available hard-disk spaceAt least 1GB of available hard-disk spaceЕщё 1 строка
What graphics card do I need for SketchUp?
We recommend any graphics card that fully supports OpenGL 1.5 or higher and has at least 64 MB of video memory. If you’re going to create large models, we recommend a graphics card with more than 64 MB of video memory.
How do you separate components in SketchUp?
Make Unique: Sometimes you want to make changes to only one or a few of the instances of a component in your model. In this case, select the instance(s) you want to edit, right-click one of them, and choose Make Unique from the context menu. This option turns the instances you selected into a separate component.
How do you explode a CAD file in SketchUp?
In SketchUp, open the SketchUp model into which you want to import your . dwg or . dxf file. Select File > Import.
How do you split length in SketchUp?
Dividing a line or arc
- Context-click a line or arc.
- Select Divide from the context menu. SketchUp place points on the line or arc to show where it will be divided.
- Move the cursor toward the center of the line or arc to reduce the number of segments. …
- Click the line when the number of segments you would like is shown.