On the Modify | Edit Surface tab, click Tools panel Create From Import drop-down (Select Import Instance). Select the imported 3D contour data in the drawing area. The Add Points from Selected Layers dialog displays. Select the layers to which you want to apply elevation points, and click OK.
How do you add topography in Revit?
In Revit, link the topography to the current model as follows:
- Specify coordinates for the building model. …
- Open a plan view or a 3D view for the building model. …
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Link Topography).
- In the Link Topography dialog, navigate to the topography. …
- Select the desired topography, and click Link.
How do you add contours?
To Add Contour Data to a Surface
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click Contours, and click Add.
- In the Add Contour Data dialog box, enter the contour description in the Description field.
What is the use of Toposurface in Revit?
The Toposurface tool defines a topographical surface (a toposurface) using points or imported data. You can create toposurfaces in 3D views or site plans. Watch these videos to learn how to create and work with toposurfaces, subregions, and graded regions. Create a toposurface by placing points in the drawing area.
How do I make a hill in Revit?
Create a Toposurface by Placing Points
- Open a 3D view or a site plan view.
- Click Massing & Site tab Model Site panel (Toposurface).
- On the Options Bar, set a value for Elevation. …
- Next to the Elevation text box, select one of the following: …
- Click in the drawing area to place points. …
- Click (Finish Surface).
How do you create contours in Civil 3D 2020?
To Add Contour Lines
- In Display Manager , right-click a surface layer, and select Create Contour Layer.
- In the Generate Contour dialog box, enter a name for the new Display Manager layer that will contain the contour lines.
How do you get contour lines from points?
You can create contour lines by clicking a point on a surface to create a single contour line that passes through it.
- In ArcMap or ArcScene, click the Create Contours button .
- Click the surface at the point where you want the contour.
How do you add depth to Toposurface in Revit?
Open a plan view or a 3D view for the building model. Click Insert tab Link panel (Link Topography). In the Link Topography dialog, navigate to the topography. Select the desired topography, and click Link.
Where are Revit site settings?
To access the Site Settings dialog, click the dialog launcher on the Model Sight panel. In the Site Settings dialog, you can modify the contour line display by adding contours. To do this, click Insert. Change the Start, Stop, and Increments values and select the desired Range Type and Subcategory.
What is building pad in Revit?
You add a building pad by sketching a closed loop on a toposurface. After sketching the pad, you can specify a value to control the height offset from the level and other properties. … You then sketch a pad on the surface at an offset of –20 meters from the surface.
How do you edit a pad in Revit?
Modify Building Pads
- Open the site plan that contains the building pad.
- Select the building pad. …
- Click Modify | Pads tab Mode panel (Edit Boundary).
- Click Modify | Pads Edit Boundary tab Draw panel (Boundary Line, and use the sketch tools to make the necessary changes.
- To slope the building pad, use a slope arrow.