What is AutoCAD and its advantages and disadvantages?
As AutoCAD produces drawings with help of line and shape tools and curves, arcs and straight lines helps in producing shapes. … It create drawing with only help of lines it does not use volumetric models as we use in Building Information Modelling (BIM). In case of 3D geometry it uses limited effects.
What are the 5 advantages of CAD?
Computer Aided Design: The Advantages of CAD
- A Streamlined Design Process. When a designer is working with CAD, they can take advantage of the way the software smooths out bumps in the design process. …
- Better Quality Design. …
- Simplify Communication. …
- Plenty of Documentation. …
- A Manufacturing Database. …
- Design Data Saved.
What are 3 disadvantages of CAM?
Disadvantages of CAM
- Computer errors are possible.
- CAD and CAM software can be expensive.
- Training is expensive.
- Computers and controllers to run the software and CNC machinery for manufacturing is expensive.
What are the fields where you see maximum use of AutoCAD?
The field where I see the maximum use of Autocad is: Automobile part drawing and its assembly components, fabrication of steel in manufacturing industry, production of different parts etc. Autocad is mostly used in architecture, civil and mechanical engineering.
What are the features of AutoCAD?
Overview of Autodesk AutoCAD Features
- 3D Modeling and Visualization.
- Solid, Surface, and Mesh Modeling.
- Photorealistic Rendering.
- Section Planes.
- Visual Styles.
- 3D Navigation.
- 3D Scanning and Point Clouds.
- Base, Projected, and Section Views.
Why is CAD better than drawing by hand?
CAD drafting has several advantages over hand drafting, the foremost being that it is quicker. CAD drafting also offers flexibility of design and convenience of work environment, as compared to hand drafting. … Students exposed to hand drafting ultimately become skilled drafters using the CAD software more effectively.