What tools would you use to create accurate shadows in a 3d building model SketchUp?
How to Create Accurate Shadows in Google SketchUp 8
- Orbit, zoom, and pan around until you have a good view of the part of your project you want to study.
- Choose Window→Shadows to open the Shadow Settings dialog box.
- Select the Show/Hide Shadows button to turn on SketchUp’s sun.
What is a shadow analysis?
The shadow analysis is a planning submission requirement which provides a visual model of how the proposed development will cast its shadow.
How do you do a solar shadow analysis?
The first step is to scale the shadow length template to the height of the object. Than you place the shadow lined on the corners of the object. Next you remove the shadow lines that don’t apply and outline is the objects shadow. Now you know where you can and can’t place the solar modules for optimum performance.
How do I turn on Shadows in Vectorworks?
To add a drop shadow to an object:
- Select the object and click the Drop Shadow button on the Attributes palette.
- Click the settings button to the right of the button to open the Drop Shadow dialog box.
- If desired, click Preview to view the results of the drop shadow settings.
- Click OK to apply the settings.
What happens when you triple click a face in SketchUp?
When you double-click a face, you select that face and all the edges that define it. Double-clicking an edge gives you that edge plus all the faces that are connected to it. When you triple-click an edge or a face, you select the whole conglomeration that it’s a part of.