How do you change the plane in AutoCAD 2D?
How do you switch planes in AutoCAD?
- Click View menu 3D Views Plan View.
- Select one of the following options: Current (for the current UCS) World (for the WCS) Named (for a saved UCS) Note: PLAN changes the viewing direction; it does not change the current UCS.
How do I switch between UCS and AutoCAD?
To Switch to a Different UCS
- Click the UCS menu, below the ViewCube.
- Select a named UCS from the list.
How do I change my UCS?
Make sure that the current UCS is parallel to the plane of rotation (the UCS icon should look normal). Click View tab Coordinates panel World. Click View tab Coordinates panel Z. To rotate the view 90 degrees clockwise, enter 90.
What is XYZ axis AutoCAD?
As you drag the cursor, the UCS rotates in the positive direction around the specified axis. … You can also specify a rotation angle.
How do I rotate UCS back to normal?
“At the command line, type “UCS” then choose the “World” option. Next type “Plan” and choose “World”. Yes, I’ve tried that. The UCS resets itself to the World position where I’d like it to remain, then on changing views reverts to the other position.
When navigating in AutoCAD you should always pay attention?
When learning AutoCAD software, you should pay attention to the Command Line.
How do I unlock UCS in AutoCAD?
Enter ucsicon at the Command prompt, and enter ON or OFF. you can turn off the UCS icon in a single viewport or all viewports. Each layout also provides a UCS icon in paper space. Use UCS2DDISPLAYSETTING to hide the UCS icon when the current visual style is 2D Wireframe.
How do I get back to original UCS in AutoCAD?
To restore the UCS from the first Work Area, select Restore UCS. The cursor will turn into a pickbox, and the Command Line will prompt you to: Select Work Area, <WCS>.
What is the default UCS in 3D AutoCAD?
AutoCAD provides a movable coordinate system called the user coordinate system(UCS). The XY plane of the UCS is called the workplane. In a drawing, by default WCS and UCS have the same orientation. When you create and modify objects in a 3D environment, you can move and reorient the UCS in 3D modeling view.
How do I change my viewport UCS?
- Double-click within the viewport whose objects you want to rotate.
- Make sure that the current UCS is parallel to the plane of rotation (the UCS icon should look normal).
- Click View tab Coordinates panel World.
- Click View tab Coordinates panel Z.
- To rotate the view 90 degrees clockwise, enter 90.