How do you change the central model?
Select the central file and uncheck “Create New Local“. This will allow you to open the central model directly. Click Open. Click Save As… and save as a Central Model over the existing model (either in the original location, or in its new location, if the model has been moved).
How do I update my central model in Revit?
Upgrade through Revit
In the legacy release of Revit, open and detach the central model from Revit Server. Save the model to the local file system. Open the model in the newer release of Revit to upgrade it. Finally, save the model to the newer release of Revit Server.
How do you open a central model in Revit?
- Click File tab Open.
- In the Open dialog, navigate to the folder where the central model resides and select it. To navigate to a central model that is connected to the Revit Server: …
- Under Worksharing, verify that Create New Local is selected. …
- Click Open.
How do I fix the central model in Revit?
Identify a workstation with a local copy of the central model you wish to use to repair the central model. Click Collaborate tab Manage Models panel Manage Models drop-down Repair Central Model. A message displays when the central model has been repaired. Close the active model.
How do you make a model of the central model?
Create a Central Model from an Existing Workshared Model
- Open the existing workshared file.
- Click File tab Save As (Project).
- In the Save As dialog, rename the file, and click Options.
- In the File Save Options dialog, select Make this a Central Model after save.
- Select a default workset for local copies.
How do I unlink a model in Revit?
Unload linked models to temporarily remove them from the project.
- Click Manage tab Manage Project panel (Manage Links).
- In the Manage Links dialog, click the relevant tab.
- Select the linked model.
- To unload the selected model, click Unload.
What is a Revit central model?
Enabling worksharing involves creating a master project model, known as a central model, from an existing model. The central model stores the current ownership information for all worksets and elements in the project, and acts as the distribution point for all changes made to the model.
How do you detach from the central model in Revit?
- Click File tab Open.
- Select a workshared model.
- In the Open dialog, select Detach from Central.
- Click Open. The default file name for the model is the original filename with “_detached” appended. …
- In the task dialog, specify whether to preserve or discard worksets. …
- Save the model.
How do I update my family in Revit?
- Open a folder where the file needed to upgrade is located.
- Open the file and let Revit upgrade the file to the new version.
- Save the file in new format.
- Close the file.
- Start all over with next file.
What does detach from central mean in Revit?
When you tick Detach from Central it create a copy of the original Central File. This copy, when saved, is still another worksharing central file, independent from the original.
How do I sync Revit models?
Open your model in Revit that corresponds with the model data in Assemble to be synced. Select the Assemble tab, and then select the option to Sync. Select your project. Select your model.
How do I recover a corrupt file in Revit?
Check Hard disk space. Check for Corrupt RVT links. Recover automatic backup. Recover manual backup.
If a good backup file can be recovered/opened, go through the following steps to clean up the model/system:
- In the Open dialog box, check the Audit and Detach from Central checkbox.
- Go to Manage > Purge Unused.
What causes corrupt Revit files?
Causes of Corruption
Read/write failure to and from the storage media. Revit is unstable, especially when writing data to the RVT model. An add-in that modifies elements in ways that are impossible or undesirable through the user interface.
How do I repair a Revit file?
Correct issues in the restored model:
- Click File tab Open (Project).
- In the Open dialog, navigate to the restored model, select the Audit option, and click Open. The Audit option scans, detects, and fixes corrupt elements in the model. …
- Click Manage tab Settings panel (Purge Unused). …
- Close the file, and exit Revit.