Which is better Revit or SketchUp?
Revit vs Sketchup: the differences
Overall, Revit is aimed at more complex projects of whole infrastructures. Sketchup would handle such a project too, but it’s much better fitted for interior design thanks to 3D visualization tools. Sketchup reasonably easy to learn, and you can start learning it with our tutorials.
How do I export a Revit model?
Export your Revit Model to a STL File
- Click Add-in tab STL Exporter panel (STL Exporter for Revit).
- On the General tab, specify your STL file options.
- On the Categories tab, specify which element categories will export to the STL file.
- Click Save to create the STL file or click Cancel to close STL Exporter.
Can you convert Revit to AutoCAD?
Just in case you need to convert a 3D Revit model to 3D AutoCAD, here ya go. It is very simple but remember to click one button to make sure you work with ACAD solids… With the Revit model open, Click the Application Menu (“Big R”) > “Export” > “CAD Formats” > Select “DWG“.
How do I export a Revit 3d model?
Click the Application menu and select Export ➢ CAD Formats ➢ DWG Files. Set the Export drop-down list to <Current View/Sheet Only>. tab and set the option to Polymesh. Click OK to close the Modify DWG/DXF Export Setup dialog box.
Is Revit good for interior design?
Revit is a great tool for professional Interior Designers. It’s what the majority of Interior Designers at architectural and interiors firms use for construction drawings. … If you want to work on big or complex projects, and/or in most firms, you should work in Revit.
Do structural engineers use Revit?
By using Revit, structural designers and engineers can produce accurate design intent models and give engineers and detailers the information they need to develop models to a higher level of fidelity for Fabrication and Installation purposes.25 мая 2017 г.
How do I share a Revit model?
On the eTransmit panel of the Add-Ins tab, click Transmit a model. Choose the model(s) to transmit: Click Browse Model, and navigate to the location of the Revit model you want to transmit. Click Browse folders, and navigate to the folder that contains the Revit models you want to transmit.
How do I share a Revit file?
- Open the project file (RVT) to use as the central model.
- Click Collaborate tab Manage Collaboration panel (Worksets). …
- If desired, rename the worksets.
- In the Worksharing dialog, click OK. …
- In the Worksets dialog, click OK. …
- Click Save As (Project).
Can you use Revit for 3d printing?
This component/mass is the key to successfully printing a Revit model. Revit uses individual elements that are all their own”water-tight masses”. Therefore, when you simply import a typical Revit file into a 3D printing software, it will try to print each individual element (refer to Step 5 to see what I mean).
Is Revit harder than AutoCAD?
As a tool with BIM capabilities, Revit is much more data-intensive than AutoCAD. The latest versions of AutoCAD and Revit have integrated cloud computing capabilities, where key project files can be hosted in a web database, streamlining work and allowing the confusion of managing multiple file versions.
How quickly can I learn Revit?
about 3 months
Is there a free version of Revit?
Autodesk allows users to enjoy the full version of Revit for free, over a period of 30 days.
How do I export a 3d model from Revit to SketchUp?
Details: Uses Revit’s built-in DWG export feature.
- From the file menu, go to export > options > exports setups dwg/dxf. Click on the solids tab, and select ACIS solids.
- Hit OK, and return to the export menu > CAD formats > DWG. …
- Import the model into SketchUp Pro.
How do I export a 3d PDF from Revit?
A Quick Export
Go to your Revit Add-Ins tab and click the Create PDF button. This will activate a dialog box as shown in Figure 3. Keep all the default settings and click OK and it will generate a 3D PDF in the Adobe Acrobat program.
How do I export high quality images from Revit?
- Click File tab Export Images and Animations (Image).
- In the Export Image dialog, click Change to change the default path and file name for the image, if desired.
- Under Export Range, indicate the images to export: …
- Under Image Size, specify image display properties: …
- Under Options, select the desired print options: