On the Model Objects tab of the Object Styles dialog, under Category, select the family category. Under Modify Subcategories, click New. In the New Subcategory dialog, for Name, enter a new name. Revit automatically selects the appropriate category in the Subcategory of list.
How do you specify the category of that family?
To specify family parameters:
- In the Family Editor, click Create tab (or Modify tab) Properties panel (Family Category and Parameters).
- From the dialog, select a family category whose properties you want to import into the current family.
- Specify the family parameters. …
- Click OK.
What is a category in Revit?
Revit Element Hierarchy. Category: A Category controls the organization, visibility, graphical representations, and scheduling options of Families within the Project.
Where is Family category and parameters?
In the Family Editor, click Home tab (or Modify tab) Properties panel (Family Category and Parameters). From the dialog, select a family category whose properties you want to import into the current family. Specify the family parameters. NoteFamily parameter options vary depending on family category.
What is a datum element Revit?
Datums are Revit elements that fit the project. They are used as references while modelling such as levels, grids or reference planes. They are finite representations of infinite planes (vertical-grids, horizontal-levels, sloped-ref planes) that are shown as lines. They are not model elements neither annotation ones.
What are families in Revit Architecture?
Families are a key aspect in Revit because they allow us to modify geometry very efficiently. Families are components we use to build our model, such as walls, windows, stairs, doors, etc. Each family can have multiple types, such as different size, materials, parameter variables, etc.
How do I add a family category in Revit?
Create Family Subcategories
- With the family open, click Manage tab Settings panel (Object Styles).
- On the Model Objects tab of the Object Styles dialog, under Category, select the family category.
- Under Modify Subcategories, click New.
- In the New Subcategory dialog, for Name, enter a new name. …
- Click OK.
Is Revit BIM tool?
Revit is BIM software that brings all architecture, engineering, and construction disciplines into a unified modeling environment, driving more efficient and cost-effective projects.