How do you create a site view in Revit?
Solution: Create a site view as follows:
- Click View tab Create panel Plan Views drop-down (Floor Plan).
- In the New Plan dialog, clear Do not duplicate existing views.
- Under Floor Plan views, select the level on which to base the site view.
- Click OK.
How do I create a detail view in Revit 2020?
- Do one of the following to activate the view creation tool: …
- From the Type Selector, select Detail View: Detail.
- On the Options Bar, select an appropriate detail scale.
- To reference another detail or drafting view, on the Reference panel, select Reference Other View, and select a view from the drop-down list.
How do I create a work plane in Revit?
Set the Work Plane of a View
- On the ribbon, click (Set). Architecture tab Work Plane panel (Set) …
- In the Work Plane dialog, under Specify a new Work Plane, select one of the following options: …
- If the selected plane is perpendicular to the current view, the Go to View dialog opens.
What is Revit plan view?
The structural plan view is the default view when you start a new project using a structural template. … You can create multiple structural plan view types. Engineers view plans at different orientations in different countries. Revit provides for this variation with the View Direction type parameter for structural plans.
How do you create new text styles in Revit?
Specify Text Note Styles
- Click Annotate tab Text panel .
- In the Type Properties dialog, select the text properties you want to work with from the Type list.
- If desired, click Rename to rename the type, or click Duplicate to create a new text type.
- Specify the properties for the display of text notes.
- Click OK.
How do I add section details in Revit?
Add a section line and crop region to define a new section view. Open a plan, section, elevation, or detail view. Click View tab Create panel (Section). (Optional) In the Type Selector, select a view type from the list, or click Edit Type to modify an existing view type or create a new view type.
How do you reset a work plane in Revit?
Change the Work Plane of an Element
- Select a work plane-based element in a view.
- Click Modify |
tab Work Plane panel (Edit Work Plane). …
- In the Work Plane dialog, select another work plane. …
- If needed, reposition the element on the work plane.
What is a work plane in Revit?
A work plane is a virtual 2-dimensional surface used as the origin for a view or for sketching elements. Work Plane Set or Show or Viewer. on the Architecture, Structure, or Systems tab in projects. on the Create tab of the Family Editor.
How do I organize project browser in Revit?
Click View tab Windows panel User Interface drop-down (Browser Organization). In the Browser Organization dialog, click the tab for the desired list: Views, Sheets, or Schedules. Click New. Enter a name for the organization scheme, and click OK.
How do I create a site plan in Revit 2021?
Create the Site Plan
- Define site settings. …
- Create the toposurface. …
- Rotate the project to True North. …
- Specify property lines. …
- Add a building pad. …
- Grade the toposurface. …
- Create parking lots, roads, and sidewalks. …
- Add site components.