To modify a ceiling, select it and use tools on the Modify | Ceilings tab. select the ceiling. Then select a different ceiling type from the Type Selector. see Modifying Sketched Elements.
How do you select a ceiling in Revit?
Click Architecture tab Build panel (Ceiling). In the Type Selector, select a ceiling type. By default, the Automatic Ceiling tool is active. When you click inside walls that form a closed loop, the tool places a ceiling within those boundaries.
How do I change ceiling height in Revit?
(Optional) Make rooms visible in the section view. Select a level that serves as the base level for one or more rooms. In the Properties palette, under Dimensions, for Computation Height, enter the distance above the level to use when computing the room area and volume. Click OK.
How do you change ceiling thickness in Revit?
Modify the Layer Thickness of a Roof or Structural Floor
- Select the floor or roof.
- On the Properties palette, click Edit Type.
- In the value box of the Structure property, click Edit.
- In the Edit Assembly dialog, specify the material for layers and the thickness of those layers.
When modeling ceilings in Revit What are the two methods used?
Use the Ceiling tool to create a ceiling in a reflected ceiling plan view.
- Open a ceiling plan view.
- Click Architecture tab Build panel (Ceiling).
- In the Type Selector, select a ceiling type.
- Place a ceiling using one of the following methods: Use walls as ceiling boundaries.