How do I export a view in Revit?
Export Part of a 3D View
- In the Project Browser, right-click the 3D view to export, and click Duplicate View Duplicate. The duplicate view displays in the drawing area. …
- Rename the duplicate view: in the Project Browser, right-click the duplicate view, and click Rename. Enter a new name, and click OK.
How do I load a drafting view in Revit?
Insert a Drafting View from Another Project
- Open the target Revit LT project (that is, the project in which you want to insert the existing drafting view).
- Click Insert tab Import panel Insert from File drop-down Insert Views from File.
- In the Open dialog, select a project file, and click Open.
How do you copy a detail view in Revit?
To copy the model geometry from an existing view into a new view, right-click the existing view in the Project Browser, and click Duplicate View Duplicate. If you right-click, and click Duplicate View Duplicate with Detailing, both the model geometry and the detail geometry are copied into the new view.
How do I get high quality images in Revit?
Export a View to an Image File
- Click File tab Export Images and Animations (Image).
- In the Export Image dialog, click Change to change the default path and file name for the image, if desired.
- Under Export Range, indicate the images to export: …
- Under Image Size, specify image display properties:
How do I export a 3D model in Revit?
Open the 3D view of the project to export. Click File tab Export CAD Formats (DWG files). In the DWG Export dialog, click (Modify Export Setup). On the Solids tab of the Modify DWG/DXF Export Setup dialog, select Export as AutoCAD Architecture and AutoCAD MEP Objects.
Can you copy drafting views between projects Revit?
You can reuse a drafting view from one Revit project in another Revit project, thus reducing rework. … In the Open dialog, select a project file, and click Open. The Insert Views dialog opens, which displays views that are saved in the project. From the list, select an option for views to display.
How do you link a view in Revit?
Display a Linked Model by Linked View
- Open the view in the host model.
- Click View tab Graphics panel (Visibility/Graphics).
- On the Revit Links tab, for the linked model, do the following: …
- In the RVT Link Display Settings dialog, on the Basics tab, do the following: …
- Click OK twice.
How do I import a legend into Revit?
Select a legend view and copy it to the clipboard. Click Modify tab Clipboard panel Paste drop-down, and select one of the following options: Paste from Clipboard: Manually place the legend view onto another sheet view. Aligned to Selected Views: Specify from a list of sheet views in the current model.
How do you copy a floor plan from one project to another in Revit?
- Copy to Clipboard (CTRL+C) or from the Modify ribbon>Clipboard panel, choose Copy.
- On the Modify ribbon > Clipboard, click the drop down arrow under the Paste command.
- Select “Aligned to Selected Levels”
- Choose the Target level (i.e. Level 2)
- Switch to a 3D View to see the results.
What does duplicate as dependent mean in Revit?
Duplicate as a Dependent creates a copy of the view and links it to the original (parent) view, as shown in the Project Browser below. View-specific changes made to the overall view, such as changing the Scale, are also reflected in the dependent (child) views and vice-versa.
How do you copy an elevation view in Revit?
Copying Plan Views
- Select the view crop boundary of the plan view,
- copy to clipboard.
- Go to the other project.
- Paste – Aligned to Current View or to Selected Level.
How do I save an elevation view in Revit?
Create an Elevation View
- Open a plan view.
- Click View tab Create panel Elevation drop-down (Elevation). …
- (Optional) In the Type Selector, select a view type from the list, or click Edit Type to modify an existing view type or create a new view type.
- Place the cursor near a wall, and click to place the elevation symbol.