What 3D files can Revit import?
Revit supports the import of ACIS objects contained in DWG, DXF, DGN, and SAT files. You can incorporate a Trimble® SketchUp® design into a Revit project to provide a starting point for the building model. You can import 3D geometry from supported file formats and applications.
What can you import into Revit?
You can import data from other CAD programs into a Revit model. Supported CAD formats include AutoCAD (DWG and DXF), MicroStation® (DGN), Trimble® SketchUp® (SKP and DWG), SAT, and 3DM (Rhinoceros®). When you import a file, the format of the imported file may support varying qualities of geometry.
How do you convert FBX to blend?
[HOW TO] Convert FBX to Blender with animations
- Step 1 – Convert all models to FBX 2013 format. Open the “Autodesk FBX® 2013.3 Converter” …
- Step 2 – Convert all models to Blender. You should have the Autodesk_FBX plugin installed already if not do that now. …
- Step 3 – Merge animations into one file.
What software opens FBX files?
You can open and view the 3D model saved within an FBX file using Autodesk FBX Review (Windows, Mac), a free FBX file viewer. You can also open FBX files using Autodesk Viewer (Web).
Can you Import STEP files into Revit?
Import STP file in AutoCAD and save as DWG. Link the DWG in Revit. When you get the updated STP, just re-import to the same DWG and the link in Revit will be updated.
Which files can Revit open?
Besides the native Revit file formats, Revit supports several proprietary and open-source computer-aided design (CAD) formats as well: CAD formats such as DWF, DWG, IFC, DGN, SAT. Image formats such as JPG, PNG, TIF, BMP. Other common formats such as HTML, TXT, gbXML, ODBC.
Can Revit open a DWFx file?
DWF and DWFx files contain the same data (2D and 3D); the only difference is the file format. DWFx files can be opened and printed using the free Microsoft XPS Viewer, which comes pre-installed on computers using the Microsoft Windows Vista™ operating system. … You can export all Revit views or sheets to 2D DWF files.
Can you import a 3D CAD file into Revit?
Open a Revit model, and use the Import CAD tool to import vector data from other CAD programs. If you want to import 3D geometry using SAT or 3DM files, see Import a 3D Shape. Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD). In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type.
How do I import a Revit model?
Open an existing model, and link another model to it.
- Open an existing model or start a new model. You will link another model into this model.
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Link Revit).
- In the Import/Link RVT dialog, select the model to link. …
- For Positioning, specify the desired option. …
- Click Open.
Can import SketchUp to Revit?
To use a SketchUp design in Revit Architecture, import a SKP file from SketchUp directly into Revit Architecture. As an alternative, you can use SketchUp to export a DWG file, and then import that DWG file into Revit Architecture.
How do I Import a STL file into Revit?
To Import DXF, OBJ, STL, Revit, DWF, and IDF Files
- To import to a new file select: File Open Import CAD Formats. Get Started tab Launch panel Import CAD Formats.
- To import into a part file select: Manage tab Insert panel Import. …
- To import into an assembly, select Assemble tab Component panel Place Imported CAD.
Can you Import 3DS Max into Revit?
Export the desired 3DS Max file (MAX) as either a DWG, DXF or ADSK file. Revit does not allow for MAX files to be directly imported. You will need to convert the file into a file type that is allowed by exporting the file.