Select File > Import. In the Import dialog box that opens, navigate to the STL file that you want to import and select it. (Optional) Select STereoLithography Files (. stl) from the file type drop-down list and then click the Options button.
What file types can you import into SketchUp?
Using SketchUp Data with Other Modeling Programs or ToolsFile TypeFile Extension(s)SketchUp Pro and Shop Only?CAD files.dwg , .dxfPRO and SHOP onlyImage files.jpg , .png , .tif , .bmp , .psd , .tga , .epx , .pdf , .epsSome file types are PRO and SHOP onlySTL files.stlCOLLADA files.daeЕщё 8 строк
How do I import a STL file into OpenSCAD?
stl files in the current directory, select a file and open it. Another way to open . stl file is to use drag and drop method – just drag a file from Windows Explorer and drop in on the OpenSCAD program.
How do I import OBJ files into SketchUp?
How to get it and use it ?
- Download the plugin and install it.
- Run SketchUp.
- Go to SimLab Tab and find OBJ Importer Tab as shown in the image below:
- Click on Settings to open the settings panel that contains import settings and licensing information.
What 3d files can SketchUp import?
SketchUp Pro can import the following file formats: . DWG, . DXF, . 3DS, .
Can STL files be edited?
Using an STL file editor
If you want to use a modeling software to edit your STL file, you have two options: 1. You can either use a CAD software (Computer Aided Design). … You can also use mesh editing tools.
Can you import DWG into SketchUp free?
You can import CAD files into SketchUp Shop, but not our Free web version. This is one of the many features you can get by unlocking a Shop subscription here. Currently, the only available formats for import in SketchUp Free for Web are these: SKP.
Can you export from SketchUp free?
You can try exporting to Collada (. dae) from SketchUp Free or SketchUp Make 2017 (the last free desktop version) and then using the free Autodesk FBX converter to convert it to FBX.
Why can’t I import DWG files into SketchUp?
Note: Currently, Sketchup cannot read the new 2018 DWG file format. Therefore, if making frequently use of Sketchup with DWG files, be sure that AutoCAD 2018 (and newer) products are set to save as “AutoCAD 2013 drawing” or earlier.
How do I import 3d models into SketchUp?
Follow these steps:
- Open the model into which you want to import a SketchUp file.
- Select File > Import.
- In the Open dialog box that appears, navigate to the SketchUp file. …
- Select the SketchUp file, and click Open. …
- Click in the drawing area to place the component in your model.
How do I export an OBJ file to SketchUp?
To export an OBJ file from SketchUp Pro, follow these steps:
- Select File > Export > 3D Model. …
- Navigate to the location where you want to save your OBJ file.
- In the Export TypeSave as type drop-down list, select OBJ File (*. …
- (Optional) Rename your file in the File Name text box.
- (Optional) Click the Options button.
What software opens OBJ files?
Files in OBJ format can be opened with Autodesk Maya 2013, Blender, and MeshLab in Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, and Linux platforms.