How do I import terrain from Google Earth to SketchUp?
Once you generally know where your site location is, open sketchup, hit the file tab and scroll down to Geo-location>Add Location… from here you can search as you would in google maps for your site.
How do I import a location into SketchUp?
How to Geo-Locate Your Google SketchUp Model
- Make sure you’re online.
- Open the SketchUp file you want to geo-locate.
- Choose File, Geo-Location, Add Location from the menu bar.
- Find the area where you want your model to be located. …
- Click the Select Region button to display a cropping rectangle.
Where is the Toggle terrain button in SketchUp?
There isn’t a ‘Toggle Terrain/Snapshot’ button in the web version. But you can turn on/off layers manually through the ‘Layers’ window.
How do you create a terrain model?
To create the Terrain feature, from the Tasks menu select the Civil Tools > Terrain Model > Create From File button. On the Title Bar of the Select Files to Import panel, verify that the project and MX directory are correct. If not, click the Directory History button in the upper right corner of the panel.
Can you import Google Maps into SketchUp?
Since SketchUp was owned by Google and initially used to crowdsource their Google Earth modeling, there are powerful, easy to use tools built into SketchUp to help both import maps into your models and also to geolocate models in Google Earth. … Type in the location you’d like to import maps from into your model.
How do I import a KMZ file into SketchUp?
Exporting KMZ Files for Google Earth
- Select File > Export > 3D Model. …
- Navigate to the location where you want to save your KMZ file.
- From the Export TypeSave as type drop-down list, select Google Earth File (*. …
- (Optional) In the File Name box, type a new name for your file.
- Click the Options button.
How do I import CAD topography into SketchUp?
Importing AutoCAD Civil Topography DWGs into SketchUp Pro…
- Analyze the the file you are trying to import. …
- Import the file into SketchUp. …
- Prepare the imported contours to be “Meshed”, This step is optional but it does save time and a possible frozen computer ( I suppose a good computer can fix that too)
What are the parts of a topographic map?
Topographic maps are a detailed record of a land area, giving geographic positions and elevations for both natural and man-made features. They show the shape of the land the mountains, valleys, and plains by means of brown contour lines (lines of equal elevation above sea level).
How do I manually set a location in SketchUp?
Or to add a location manually in any version of SketchUp, select Window > Model Info, select the Geo-location option in the sidebar on the left, click Set Manual Location, and enter a latitude and longitude in the dialog box that appears.
How do I import contours into SketchUp?
- In your CAD drawing, use the LAYISO command to isolate your contour layers. First, type LAYISO in the Command line. …
- Use the WBLOCK command to save the contour lines into into their own . …
- In SketchUp, open the File menu and select Import.
- Navigate to the location where you saved the contour lines drawing.