What is a dynamic component in SketchUp?
SketchUp dynamic components are reusable design elements with special attributes: parametric functions, interactivity, animation, and more. Creating your own dynamic components allows you to build a library of custom designs and easily share them with others.
How do I use components in SketchUp?
Follow these steps:
- Open the model into which you want to import a SketchUp file.
- Select File > Import.
- In the Open dialog box that appears, navigate to the SketchUp file. …
- Select the SketchUp file, and click Open. …
- Click in the drawing area to place the component in your model.
How do you make something not a component in SketchUp?
How do I unlink or ungroup a component? Thanks! Right-click > Make Unique will keep it as a Component. Right-click > Explode will not.
How do you create a dynamic component?
Making a Dynamic Component
- Create a new component that’s made entirely of groups or subcomponents. …
- Add attributes that make your component dynamic (that is, tell the component to do something). …
- For each attribute you add, define a value that tells the attribute how to take action. …
- Test your dynamic component to make sure it works correctly.
What are dynamic angular components?
What dynamic components are. Dynamic means, that the components location in the application is not defined at buildtime. That means, that it is not used in any angular template. Instead, the component is instantiated and placed in the application at runtime.
What are the functions of SketchUp?
SketchUp is a 3D modeling computer program for a wide range of drawing applications such as architectural, interior design, landscape architecture, civil and mechanical engineering, film and video game design.
What is the difference between a component and a group in SketchUp?
Groups are used for sets of objects that you will never duplicate or make copies of. Components are used for sets of objects that you will be duplicating or using multiple times in the model.
What is a component in SketchUp?
The organization of components in a SketchUp model greatly affects the speed at which your design and modeling work can progress. By definition, a Group is a single instance of a collection of geometry. A Component is a named collection of geometry that can exist at multiple locations within the model.
What is inferring in Sketchup?
The inference system is basically a system that locks your cursor in reference to any point, edge, axis, face, guide or imaginary line. When you are drawing in Sketchup, and you want to add a line from an existing point in your model, you hover your mouse over that point.
What does make unique mean in SketchUp?
By making the instance unique, you’re basically creating a new component based on your original. Open the context for the unique component. … Or select it, context-click the selection, and choose Edit Component. Use the SketchUp drawing tools to make changes to the component.
How do I make an object a component in SketchUp?
Create a component
- Select the geometry you want to include in your component. …
- Choose Edit > Make Component from the menu bar, or context-click the selection and choose Make Component. …
- In the Definition box, type a meaningful name for your component. …
- In the Description box, add a short description of your component.
What are the tools in Google SketchUp?
- Eraser tool.
- Line tool.
- Orbit tool.
- Paint Bucket tool.
- Push/Pull tool.
- Select tool.
- Styles browser.
- Zoom Extents tool.