Right-click on the selection and choose “Intersect.” From the options, choose “Intersect with Model.” Click off the object to deselect it. If you now triple-click on that area again, you will see that both of the objects you used are now selected, proving that they are now one merged object.
How do you combine components in SketchUp?
If you really do mean merge two (or more) Components into a Group, here’s one way: Select one component and Ctrl-Copy it. Open the other Component and Ctrl_paste the copied Component inside it. Then Explode that Component.
How do you align two components in SketchUp?
Once you have selected the general and alignment settings, click the button that says “select component axes” in the “alignment” section. Sketchup will give you an axis to select. You want to be sure that you select the same axes as the global axes. If you switch any of the axes, your object will turn upside down.
How do you group things in SketchUp?
- With the Select tool ( ), select all the entities you want to include in your group.
- Select Edit > Group from the menu bar. Or context-click the selection and choose Group from the menu that appears. Everything in the selection becomes grouped within a bounding box.
How do you unlock components in SketchUp?
Right click on the component you wish to lock and choose “lock” from the popup menu. The component bounding box will turn red if selected indicating it is locked. Right click and choose unlock to reverse.
How do you merge walls in SketchUp?
Triple-click on one of the objects that you would like to merge. This will select all faces and edges that are a part of that object. Select the “Move” tool from the toolbar and use it to position the selected object so it overlaps the other object you want it to merge with.
How do you split a face in SketchUp?
Select Divide from the context menu. SketchUp place points on the line or arc to show where it will be divided. Move the cursor toward the center of the line or arc to reduce the number of segments. Move cursor toward either end of the line or arc to increase the number of segments, as shown in the figure.
How do you align axes in SketchUp?
To adjust the axes with your mouse, follow these steps:
- Select the Axes tool ( ). …
- Click to place the axes origin point. …
- Click to place the red axis. …
- Click to place the red axis, or the axis you chose if you utilize the tip above. …
- Click to place the green axis.
How do you move an object vertically in SketchUp?
Follow these steps:
- With the Select ( ) tool, select the item (or items) you want to move.
- Select the Move tool ( ) or press the M key.
- Click the item you want to move. …
- Move your mouse to move your selection. …
- Click the destination point to finish the move.
How do you group things together?
- Hold the Shift (or Ctrl) key and click the objects you want to group. Selecting multiple objects.
- From the Format tab, click the Group command and select Group. Grouping objects.
- The selected objects will now be grouped.
What is the difference between group and component in SketchUp?
Groups are used for sets of objects that you will never duplicate or make copies of. Components are used for sets of objects that you will be duplicating or using multiple times in the model.
Can you group layers in SketchUp?
In SketchUp, layers do not provide separation between edges and faces. You can only provide separation by using components or groups. Moving your geometry to other layers will just create problems.
How do I hide a layer in SketchUp?
Open the Layers window or tray and check a different layer. Then try to hide the layer you wanted to hide in the first place. As you may know, layers just control visibility, unlike the layers function in other programs.
How do I lock a layer in SketchUp 2019?
To lock a layer so its contents can’t be edited, click the Lock icon. When a layer is locked, its padlock icon is closed. Click the Lock icon again to unlock the layer and open the padlock. Whether you lock a regular or a shared layer, the layer becomes locked on every page.