Go to Solution. Import STP file in AutoCAD and save as DWG. Link the DWG in Revit. When you get the updated STP, just re-import to the same DWG and the link in Revit will be updated.
How do I convert a STEP file to Revit?
How to achieve a conversion of a Revit model to STEP or STP…
- Click File tab Export CAD Formats (ACIS (SAT).
- In the SAT Export Settings dialog, select the views and sheets to export.
- Click Next.
- In the Export CAD Formats dialog, do the following: Navigate to the target folder for the exported files. …
- Click OK.
How do I open a STEP file?
How do I open an STEP file? You can open a STEP file in a variety of CAD programs, including Autodesk Fusion 360 (cross-platform), IMSI TurboCAD (Windows, Mac), FreeCAD (cross-platform), and Dassault Systemes CATIA (Windows, Linux).
Can Revit use STEP files?
Revit Families can be used to streamline your design with formulas and calculations. Here is the procedure I found works best for me when trying to create a Revit Family (. rfa) file from a SolidWorks (. step) files.
What programs can open STEP files?
Common CAD software tools that support STEP files include AutoCAD, Fusion, SolidWorks, OnShape, PTC Creo, CATIA and ArchiCAD. A major reason for its popularity as a data exchange format is that it is an official international standard (STEP stands for Standard for the Exchange of Product Data).
Can AutoCAD open a STEP file?
In order to open a stp file in AutoCAD you’ll need to follow a 3 step process; first, select the “Insert Tab” function, followed by “Import Panel”, and then find the STP file. Second, select the STP file you’d like to import into AutoCAD. Lastly, click to open the file.
Can FreeCAD Open STEP files?
FreeCAD is 3D modeling and design software. It is free to use, open source , and runs on Windows, macOS, and Linux. FreeCAD supports importing common 3D file formats like STEP, IGES, and STL.
Can I open a STEP file in Solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS 3D Interconnect can read STEP, IGES, and ACIS file formats. … To open STEP, IGES, and ACIS files in SOLIDWORKS: Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
Can AutoCAD create a STEP file?
To Export the Current Drawing to an Step File (AutoCAD Mechanical Toolset) AutoCAD Mechanical toolset provides the capability to translate the current drawing into the STEP format. … In the File Name box, specify the name of the STEP file. Click Save.
Can you convert DWG to step file?
So you can open a DWG or other 3d file in one of the above 3D design Softwares and then you can easily convert your existing design to a . STEP file. Converting the file is basically just opening your existing file and exporting it to your desired . STEP file in one of the 3D design software packages.
How do you create a STEP file?
To Export the Current Drawing to an Step File (AutoCAD Mechanical…
- At the Command prompt, enter STEPOUT.
- In the STEPOUT Translation dialog box, in the Files of type box, select *. ste,*. stp, or *. step.
- In the File Name box, specify the name of the STEP file.
- Click Save.
How do I convert a STEP file to Solidworks 2020?
Reading STEP, IGES, and ACIS Files in SOLIDWORKS
- Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
- In the dialog box, in Files of type, select the desired file format: STEP AP203/214/242 (*. …
- In the dialog box, browse to the desired file.
- Click Options.
- In the System Options dialog box, set options including: …
- Click OK.
Can you save an assembly as a STEP file?
You can set the export options when you export SOLIDWORKS part or assembly documents as STEP files. … Click File > Save As. Select a STEP file type for Save as type, then click Options.
How do I import a STEP file in NX 11?
Importing STEP Data Directly into NX
- Click the Browse button and select the STEP file to import.
- Click OK to return to the import dialog.
- Set the options as desired for which object types are to be imported, which settings file to use, and what corrective operations are to be performed on the geometry before importing.