How do you remove lines in SketchUp?
If you select the Eraser tool from any of the toolbars, you can click an edge to erase it and any faces it bounds. Click and drag over multiple lines with the Eraser tool. The lines that you will erase when you release the mouse button are highlighted in blue.
How do I edit lines in SketchUp?
Here’s how to edit a line:
- Select the Move tool ( ).
- Hover the Move tool cursor over one of the line’s end points.
- Click and drag the end point to change the line’s length.
How do you remove edges in SketchUp?
You can hide the edges, though, by selecting them, then context clicking on one and choosing Hide or going over them with the Eraser tool while holding Shift.
How do I reduce the size of a Sketchup file?
Delete Components to Reduce Sketchup File Size
- Default Tray > Components. If you go to the default tray on the righthand side of your screen, you will notice a “components” tab. …
- SAVE A COPY AS! Before continuing, make sure you save a copy of your original Sketchup file! …
- Window > Model Info > Statistics. …
- Purge Unused.
28 мая 2019 г.
Can you change the Colour of lines in SketchUp?
You can change the color of the lines to something like “all the same” and change the color with the color selection dialog in the edge tab of the style settings.
What are the names of the three common SketchUp inference points?
There are many different types of Sketchup inferences, but they can be broken down into three main categories. Point Inferences, Linear Inferences, and Shape Inferences.
What is the difference between a group and a component in SketchUp?
Groups are used for sets of objects that you will never duplicate or make copies of. Components are used for sets of objects that you will be duplicating or using multiple times in the model.
How do I get rid of the black frame in SketchUp?
Just turn off the “Safe Frame” in your V-ray settings: Extensions – V-ray – Asset Editor – Settings – Render Output – Dimensions – Safe Frame.
How do you show hidden objects in SketchUp?
Also you can go to View> check hidden geometry, then right click on the group and click on unhide. Thanks a lot, you have been a hugh help. Thanks a lot, you were a hugh help. You have to be “in” the group or component you were “in” when you chose to hide in order to be able to unhide.
How do you make a circle smooth in SketchUp?
The trick is to tell SketchUp how many tangents to draw. The more tangents, the smoother the curve will appear. To create more tangents, simply select your curve (turns blue when selected), right click, and select “divide”.
How do I reduce file size?
You can experiment with the available compression options to find the one that best suits your needs.
- From the file menu, select “Reduce File Size”.
- Change the picture quality to one of the available options besides “High Fidelity”.
- Choose which images you want to apply the compression to and click “Ok”.
What makes a Sketchup file heavy?
If you have downloaded many of the components from the 3D warehouse, it is very probable that they are seriously over-detailed, especially if they have merely been converted from manufacturer’s original CAD files meant to show how the product is manufactured. …
How do I clean up Sketchup?
- “Clean Up” the whole model first. (extension)
- Use “Selection Toys” and “Select All Instances” to delete unwanted components and geometery.
- Run another clean up.
- “Weld” any broken edges. “Soften / Smooth” faces to get the poly count down.