How do I find the location of a file in AutoCAD?
Location of the Configuration File (AutoCAD only)
- In the Application Preferences dialog box, Application tab, click the arrow to the left of Help and Miscellaneous File Names.
- Click the arrow to the left of Configuration File. The location and name of the configuration file is displayed.
How do I get my layer properties back in AutoCAD?
Check the palette position on a multi-screen setup
- Right-click on the desktop and choose Display Settings.
- Switch off all displays but the main one.
- The layer manager should appear.
When can you change the height of your text?
Important: Text height can only be defined in one place: in the dimension/leader style or in the text style. If the text height will not change or is disabled in the dimension or leader style, then it needs to be adjusted in the text style that the dimension or leader style uses.
What are AutoCAD layers?
Layers are the primary method for organizing the objects in a drawing by function or purpose. Layers can reduce the visual complexity of a drawing and improve display performance by hiding information that you don’t need to see at the moment.
How do I save dimensions in AutoCAD?
To save a dimension style
- Click the Save Style tool button ( ) on the Dimensions toolbar.
- Choose Save Style in the Dimensions menu.
- Type -dimstyle in the command window, press Enter then type S or save and press Enter.
How do I unhide layer properties in AutoCAD?
Hide or show layers in an AutoCAD drawing
- Right-click the CAD drawing, point to CAD Drawing Object, and then click Properties.
- Click the Layer tab.
- Select the layer, and click the Visible field.
How do I keep quick properties in AutoCAD?
- Toggle Quick Properties on or off using CTRL-SHIFT-P.
- Set the system variable QPMODE value to 0 (zero) or -1 to disable.
How can you change the height of your text?
Changing the Height of a Font
- Select the text you want to affect.
- Enlarge the font size to 15 points. (12 times 1.25 is 15.)
- Display the Advanced tab of the Font dialog box. …
- Using the Scale control, specify a scaling of 80%.
How do I change the height of annotation text?
In the Dimension Style Manager, select the style you want to change. Click Modify. In the Modify Dimension Style dialog box, Text tab, under Text Appearance, select a text style. If the current text style does not have a fixed height, enter the height of dimension text in the Text Height box.
How do I change the width and height of text in Word?
Change the size of selected text
- Select the text or cells with text you want to change. To select all text in a Word document, press Ctrl + A.
- On the Home tab, click the font size in the Font Size box. You can also type in any size you want, within the following limits: