Solution: Select objects in a drawing (use CTRL-A to select everything) and then type OVERKILL on the command line. Click OK on the Delete Duplicate Objects dialog window, adjusting settings as desired (the default options are usually sufficient). Overkill deletes information that is overlaying other items.
How do I select a specific line in AutoCAD?
How do I select a line under a line in AutoCAD? With your cursor positioned over the line (lines) press and hold the shift key down and then repeatedly press on the space bar to tab through the objects below the cursor. Once the one you want is highlighted click with the mouse to select it.
Why can’t I select multiple lines in AutoCAD?
Go to OPTIONS > Selection tab, and certify if the option “Use shift to add selection” is not checked. Either hold down the shift key to select the other line or go to options, use the Selection Tab, On the left side, remove the check mark from “Use Shift to add to selection” option.
How do I select multiple lines in AutoCAD 2020?
Go to the File – Options and select the icon for multiple objects selection. Once ticked, you can slect the multiple objects without pressing and holding the shift key.
How do you set a selection in AutoCAD?
To Change Object Selection Settings
- Right-click in the drawing area, and choose Options.
- On the Selection tab, choose the settings you want. Among other settings, you can set. Whether objects to be selected are previewed during selection. Whether selected objects are highlighted.
How do I select all hidden lines in AutoCAD?
Show Hidden Lines in the Current Viewport
- Select the viewport in which you want to show hidden lines.
- Click View tab Palettes panel Properties palette.
- On the Properties palette, under Misc, in the Shade Plot field, select As Displayed.
Why can’t I select lines in AutoCAD?
There might be several causes for this: The desired objects are within a viewport on a layout and the viewport is not active. The layer of the objects are locked. The edit mode of an xref is active.
How do you select everything on a layer in AutoCAD?
In the drawing space, right-click on empty space to get the context menu. the objects in the layer specified will be selected. selection.
How do I fix selection in AutoCAD?
- Click the application menu (the A in the top-left corner) and select Options.
- On the Selection tab, clear the Use Shift to add to selection option.
- Choose OK to close the Options window.
How do I save a selection in AutoCAD?
Select Tools and then Options from the upper-right menu. Click the DXF Options tab in the Save As dialog box. Select the Select Objects check box and click OK. In the Save Drawing As dialog box, enter a name and location for the file, and then click Save.