How do you add text to dimension?
Add text to a dimension
On the drawing sheet, right-click the dimension, and then select Text from the menu. In the Format Text dialog box, enter the text in the text box.
How do you add a suffix to a dimension in Revit?
Alternate: Select a dimension and click Edit Type on the properties palette. In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate. Enter a name for the new dimension style, and click OK. In the Primary Units section, input a value for prefix/suffix.
How do you change text size in AutoCAD?
To Control the Text Style in Dimensions
- Click Home tab Annotation panel Dimension Style. …
- In the Dimension Style Manager, select the style you want to change. …
- In the Modify Dimension Style dialog box, Text tab, under Text Appearance, select a text style.
How do I override text size in AutoCAD?
AutoCAD 2020: Override a Dimension.
- On the Annotate tab, click the Dimensions panel’s dialog box launcher arrow (the arrow at the right end of the panel’s title bar). …
- In the Dimension Style Manager, choose the style that you want to override and click Override (in this example, the ISO-25 dim style has been chosen).
What is the Revit family file format?
The Revit Family File is stored in the RFA format and is affixed with the RFA extension, and is used by Revit. These RFA files are generally classified as data files that contain one or more 3D models that can be imported into a three dimensional scene and were created and saved using the Revit Family Editor.
How do you set dimensions in Revit?
Change a Dimension Value
- Select an element that the dimension references.
- Click the dimension value. If the dimension is locked, the lock control appears next to it. …
- In the edit box, type a new value for the dimension, and press Enter . The element moves to satisfy the new dimension requirement.
How do you measure dimensions in Revit?
- Click Modify tab Measure panel Measure drop-down, and then click either (Measure Between Two References) or (Measure Along An Element). …
- If you want to display dimensions for a chain of temporary lines that you draw, on the Options Bar, select Chain and do either of the following:
How do I change text size?
Edit dimension text
- Right-click a dimension on the drawing sheet and select Edit.
- In the Edit Dimension dialog box, click in the text box. …
- In the Edit Dimension dialog box, edit the dimension text. …
- If needed, change the line justification or the position of the line.
When can you change the height of your text?
Important: Text height can only be defined in one place: in the dimension/leader style or in the text style. If the text height will not change or is disabled in the dimension or leader style, then it needs to be adjusted in the text style that the dimension or leader style uses.
Why is my dimension text so small in AutoCAD?
In the dimension manage under the text tab, what is your text height set to in that dialog? If it is . 125, change it to 3.0625. And in STYLE dialog set your text height to 0, and the dimension height will control your text universally in that drawing.