How do you add topography in Revit 2020?
Open a site plan that displays a toposurface. Click Massing & Site tab Modify Site panel (Subregion). Revit enters sketch mode.
- Select the subregion.
- Click Modify | Topography tab Subregion panel (Edit Boundary).
- Click (Pick Lines) or use other sketching tools to modify the subregion on the toposurface.
How do you add terrain in Revit?
- Open exercise file GSG_03_terrain_pad. …
- In the Project Browser, under Floor Plans, double-click Site.
- Click Site tab Model Site panel (Toposurface). …
- On the Options Bar, for Elevation, enter 1000.
- Click in the drawing area to add 2 points just to the left of the building, one above and one below the building.
How do I add topography from DWG to Revit?
Create a 3D Toposurface from the inserted DWG file:
- Click the Toposurface tool on the Site tab of the Design bar.
- On the Design bar, click Use Imported > Import Instance.
- Select the DWG file.
- Select the layers to add points from.
- Click OK.
- Click Finish Surface.
How do you change topography in Revit?
Add points for accuracy if needed.
- Click Modify | Topography tab Surface panel (Edit Surface).
- Click Edit Surface tab Tools panel (Simplify Surface).
- Open the site plan view and select the toposurface.
- Enter a value for surface accuracy, and click OK.
- Click (Finish Surface).
How do you create a site plan in Revit?
Create the Site Plan
- Define site settings. …
- Create the toposurface. …
- Rotate the project to True North. …
- Specify property lines. …
- Add a building pad. …
- Grade the toposurface. …
- Create parking lots, roads, and sidewalks. …
- Add site components.
How do you add a hill in Revit?
Create a Toposurface by Placing Points
- Open a 3D view or a site plan view.
- Click Massing & Site tab Model Site panel (Toposurface).
- On the Options Bar, set a value for Elevation. …
- Next to the Elevation text box, select one of the following: …
- Click in the drawing area to place points. …
- Click (Finish Surface).
What is Toposurface in Revit?
The Toposurface tool defines a topographical surface (a toposurface) using points or imported data. You can create toposurfaces in 3D views or site plans. Create a Toposurface by Placing Points. Create a toposurface by placing points in the drawing area.
How do you cut topography in Revit?
Split a Toposurface
- Open a site plan or 3D view.
- Click Site tab Modify Site panel (Split Surface).
- In the drawing area, select the toposurface to split. …
- Click Modify | Split Surface tab Draw panel (Pick Lines), or use other sketch tools to split the toposurface.
How do you add topography in AutoCAD?
Go to Insert Tab on the Ribbon and select Link CAD (or Ipmort CAD doesn’t seem to matter here) and browse to find the Topography file you saved from AutoCAD. Now and finally go to Massing and Site Tab on the Ribbon and select Topo Surface. Click on “Create from Import” and click on the imported topography from AutoCAD.
How do you get topography thickness in Revit?
Open a plan view or a 3D view for the building model. Click Insert tab Link panel (Link Topography). In the Link Topography dialog, navigate to the topography. Select the desired topography, and click Link.
Where are Revit site settings?
To access the Site Settings dialog, click the dialog launcher on the Model Sight panel. In the Site Settings dialog, you can modify the contour line display by adding contours. To do this, click Insert. Change the Start, Stop, and Increments values and select the desired Range Type and Subcategory.