How do you set dimensions in Revit?
Change a Dimension Value
- Select an element that the dimension references.
- Click the dimension value. If the dimension is locked, the lock control appears next to it. …
- In the edit box, type a new value for the dimension, and press Enter . The element moves to satisfy the new dimension requirement.
How do you change from Revit to Imperial?
To change the default file and folder locations in Revit:
- Click File > Options >File Locations.
- On the right, click in the box next to Architectural Template, and click the button with 3 dots that appears.
- In Browse for Template file, click in the drop-down next to “look in”. …
- Repeat for the other templates.
How do you convert metric to imperial?
How to Convert Imperial to Metric
- Find the right conversion number (see Metric – Imperial Conversion Charts)
- If the answer is in the thousands or millions (or thousandths or millionths), then drop the zeros and use the correct prefix (see Metric Numbers)
How do you dimension in Revit 2020?
On the Annotate tab, select the Aligned dimension tool. On the Options Bar, the placement settings specify which part of the walls you want to dimension from and to – in this case, Wall faces. When the cursor is moved over a wall face, it is highlighted, and you click to select it.
How do you override dimensions in Revit?
Override a Dimension or an Equality Text Label
- In the drawing area, select the dimension to edit.
- Click the dimension value or the Equality Text label.
- In the Dimension Text dialog, for Dimension Value, select Replace With Text.
- In the text box, enter the text to display.
What is the Revit family file format?
The Revit Family File is stored in the RFA format and is affixed with the RFA extension, and is used by Revit. These RFA files are generally classified as data files that contain one or more 3D models that can be imported into a three dimensional scene and were created and saved using the Revit Family Editor.