When you create a mass family in the Family Editor, you can then load the family into a project, and place instances of the mass family in the project. Click File tab New Conceptual Mass. In the New Conceptual Mass dialog, select Mass.
How do you make a family in Revit?
Create a Family from a Template
- Click File tab New Family. …
- Optionally, to preview a template, select it. …
- Select the family template that you want to use, and click Open. …
- In the Project Browser, notice the list of family views. …
- Click File tab Save As Family.
How do you create a family in Revit 2021?
Create a New Family Type in a Project
- In the drawing area, select an element belonging to the desired type.
- On the Properties palette, click (Edit Type).
- In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate.
- In the Name dialog, enter a name for the new type and click OK.
- Specify properties for the type, as desired.
What is family template in Revit?
When you create a family, you are prompted to select a family template that corresponds to the type of element that the family will create. The template serves as a building block, containing the information that you need to start creating the family and that Revit needs to place the family in projects.
What is Revit family creation?
Revit is an efficient architectural design and documentation software of Autodesk Corp. and Revit family creation services focuses on creating basic parametric families like furniture and equipment. It enhances the graphics quality of the project models by modifying the different BIM families.
What are some advantages to designing a Revit project as a mass?
Masses are a powerful tool in early stages of projects. They allow the designer to check the initial proposals in terms of area, volume, and associated costs. They are also very useful to create complex geometry where native basic elements are suitable tools for the wanted results.
Where is located conceptual mass?
By default, conceptual mass templates are stored in this location: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%AutodeskRVT 2020Family Templates
How do you create shapes in Revit?
Create solid geometry with the Create Form tool.
- On the Create tab Draw panel, select one of the drawing tools.
- Click in the drawing area, and draw a closed loop.
- Select the closed loop.
- Click Modify | Lines tab Form panel (Create Form).