How do you select mass in Revit?
Place a Mass Instance in a Project
- Click Insert tab Load from Library panel (Load Family).
- Navigate to the mass family file, and click Open.
- Click Massing & Site tab Conceptual Mass panel (Place Mass).
- In the Type Selector, select the desired mass type.
- Click in the drawing area to place the mass instance.
How do you edit a place in Revit?
Select the in-place element in the drawing. Click Modify |
Open the Family Editor
- On the ribbon, click (Model In-Place). …
- In the Family Category and Parameters dialog, select the family category, and click OK.
Which tab in the ribbon do you use to create an in place mass?
In place mass
- Open the ‘Massing & Site’ tab in the Ribbon.
- In the ‘Conceptual Mass’ panel, click. (In-Place Mass). This will create a custom mass object in which you build the mass itself.
What are some advantages to designing a Revit project as a mass?
Masses are a powerful tool in early stages of projects. They allow the designer to check the initial proposals in terms of area, volume, and associated costs. They are also very useful to create complex geometry where native basic elements are suitable tools for the wanted results.
Where is located conceptual mass?
By default, conceptual mass templates are stored in this location: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%AutodeskRVT 2020Family Templates
What is mass model?
Within Revit, Mass Modeling is a fast way to draw conceptual volumes. There are two ways of creating a mass. The first is by creating a Conceptual Mass Family, which is a mass that is created outside the project. The second is by creating an In Place Mass. This is a mass that is created within the project.